A two-level backlit ceiling is combined with a stretch canvas of various colors, matte or glossy structures. Such a variety of performance of the ceiling structure makes it possible to create a design for every taste with different stylization. The ceiling will not only merge with the interior, it will become its accent and original decoration.
A multi-level ceiling is created from plasterboard and stretch canvas. Products made from this material are quite popular, they have many advantages:
- curly designs are lightweight;
- they are easy to install, it is not difficult to saw it and give it a curved shape;
- unevenness of the ceiling is hidden under the drywall, thanks to this it is not necessary to scrupulously level the surface;
- the design masks the electric wires;
- zoned areas can be created using various ceiling configurations;
- the surface in several levels is beautifully played with lighting;
- the finished ceiling looks great.
There are two types of ceilings: single-level and multi-level. The first option is suitable for small rooms with low and even ceilings. The second type looks good in large rooms.
Before deciding in favor of a two-tiered ceiling, a loss of space of 10-15 cm should be taken into account. Small-sized Khrushchevs cannot afford complex structures. But with the help of versatile backlights, you can beautifully beat even a homogeneous surface.
Ceiling lighting is available in two versions: hidden and open. When hidden, lighting devices are not displayed, they are hidden in a plasterboard structure, the light coming from nowhere seems mysterious. Open lighting allows any light source to be visible.
Starting the installation of a two-level ceiling, you should prepare materials for its assembly.
- Drywall. In order not to buy an extra one, you need to calculate the ceiling model and find out how many sheets you need for installation. The width of the composite material is 1.2 - 1.3 meters, the length is 2.5 - 4.8 meters, and the thickness is 8 - 24 mm.
- For fixing to the perimeter of the ceiling, a UD guide profile is required.
- Plasterboard sheets are marked on the CD ceiling profile, which will form the basis of the frame.
- Suspensions should be purchased. For a deep design, you will need spring products, for a shallow one - straight ones.
- It is necessary to take care of soundproofing materials.
- If the width of the room is greater than the length of the profile, special extension cords will be needed.
- Metal dowels.
- The cross rails will be connected using crab fasteners.
- Self-tapping screws.
- Decoration Materials.
In addition to building materials, in the work you will need a perforator, a grinder, a screwdriver, as well as a stationery knife, a level, a tape measure, metal scissors and a stepladder.
Everything must be prepared for finishing work. Purchase in advance putty, primer, spatula, roller, brushes, finishing materials.
Having prepared materials and tools in advance, you can get to work. The ceiling construction hides all the flaws of the ceiling. If the old finish holds firmly, it can be ignored, but the crumbling surfaces should be well cleaned, otherwise construction debris will be visible on the illuminated stretch canvas.
The installation of the ceiling begins with a marking, which is carried out using a laser or hydro level, using a previously prepared sketch. The distance from the floor is calculated, as well as the height and dimensions of the structure itself. The array of each tier is calculated separately. The level determines the lowest corner in the room. Then, with the help of a painter's thread, a dividing line is drawn along the perimeter, the marking of the first level is made. At this stage, the calculation is carried out and the location of the lighting fixtures is noted.
It should be remembered that the holes for the lamps from the sketch are transferred to the drywall and cut out even before they are attached to the frame.
To create a multi-level ceiling, you will need a frame, a special box that allows you to guide drywall sheets during fastening.
You should start working with the installation of a profile, which is attached to the wall using dowels, nails. Then the center of the ceiling is calculated and located, the whole structure will be guided by it. Distances are marked from the center in all directions. With the help of a painter's thread, lines are drawn for fastening the profile. Four rectangles are formed along the walls, consisting of a profile with jumpers.
In work with a concrete slab, dowel-nails are used, and the installation of drywall is carried out using self-tapping screws.
When creating a structure with curved lines, it is necessary to make cuts on the surface of the profile with metal scissors. Frequent incisions (2-3 cm) help him to bend freely and take a given shape. To create a box, each cut sheet is slowly pushed onto the fabricated frame, passing step by step along the perimeter. The box is held with self-tapping screws and a hanger.
After the installation of the first tier, markings are made and the installation of the second, decorative box is started. It must be remembered that the sheets are not strong enough to withstand the second tier along with the lighting, so it is attached through drywall to the fixed profile.
The guides are fixed according to the markings on the walls. The profile shelves should be turned downwards, they will hold the box. Suspension racks are made from the profile, cutting it in parts. They are inserted into the guides and fastened with a half-meter frequency. When making blanks for the lower box, take into account a few centimeters for mounting the LED strip. The shelves of the lower profile should look up, prepared elements are inserted into them and fixed with self-tapping screws.
Drywall is relatively fragile, any turning forces can destroy it. If the material needs to be bent, it is moistened with a wet sponge until the sheet becomes pliable. Thus, it will take the form of a prepared profile. Care should be taken when working with wet drywall, as the soft canvas tears easily. The sheets are tightly planted in a profile and fixed with self-tapping screws, connecting to the lower tier.
If the ceiling design does not require curved lines, plasterboard installation is much easier.
At the last stage, finishing work is carried out. The box is putty and painted. When the structure is ready, you can mount the tensioning fabric. A two-level ceiling can be created with the participation of drywall on both tiers or plastic, if a stretch canvas is not planned to be used.
Multilevel ceilings transform a room, they are beautiful in themselves, and if correctly decorated with lighting fixtures, they will become the dominant theme in the interior. When working with lighting, it is necessary to take into account the following points: design features, the presence of a heat and sound insulating coating, what the backlight is for, and how much it will cost.
There are many lighting options; several types are often used to equip a multi-tiered ceiling. Types of lighting devices:
- The most common way to decorate the ceiling is light diode tape… It is flexible, multi-color, economical.It can highlight the area around the perimeter, highlight parts of the structure, certain zones. The tape is often equipped with a remote control, with the help of which lighting of different colors is started or pulsating alternating light is turned on. The number of LEDs in a strip is different - 70-250 per square meter. The brightness and price of the product depend on their quantity. LEDs are also installed as luminaires.
- Spot lamps fit any ceilings and budgets. They are good for highlighting the workplace and other areas. But do not combine them with mineral wool insulation, there may be problems with heat transfer.
- Duralight tubes are used to create unique, fantastic ceilings. They can be used to illuminate mirrors, paintings and other decor items, creating a general interior theme with the ceiling. Duralight has many bright colors and looks very unusual.
- Inexpensive and easy to install fluorescent lamps… They are economical and, unlike duralight, are durable. But they should not be used in apartments with unstable voltage.
- Neon lighting serves for a long time and surprisingly changes the atmosphere in the room.
- Looks good in spacious rooms with high ceilings fiber optic lights… This novelty does not take root very quickly due to the high cost and complexity of installation.
- Central chandeliers and conventional lamps so far no one has canceled, they are still in high demand. Products like these can be matched to any budget. Some chandeliers look so impressive that they become an accent in the design of the room, they have only one drawback - they reduce the height of the ceiling.
When starting the installation of luminaires, the following rules should be observed:
- wires are mounted in a special box;
- the wiring must not touch the edges of the frame;
- the load of electricity should be determined even before the installation of lamps;
- constructing the second level, a special ledge is formed for illumination.
For the installation of lighting devices, you will need the devices themselves, insulating tape, wires, corrugation, transformers. You will also need junction boxes, a screwdriver, wire cutters, switches.
On the basis of the frame, markings are made for electrical appliances. The profiles are installed so that their length is 5 mm less than the frame base, and they themselves are not located too close to the luminaires. Next, suspensions are mounted (they are capable of withstanding up to 40 kg), they pay attention to this when calculating their number. Profiles are installed using self-tapping screws. All the wiring elements are located inside, but the lighting devices themselves have not yet been installed.
The cable is placed in specially prepared channels; it should not come into contact with the metal frame of the frame. The wiring is connected to the outlets. At the final stage, electrical appliances are installed.
For information on how to install a drywall ceiling with your own hands, see the next video.
Before starting work, a drawing is drawn up with a detailed drawing of the tiers, a marking of places for lighting devices and possible decor.
When assembling the ceiling yourself, before installing the electrical part of the project, it is better to consult with professionals. The fire safety of the home will depend on the thickness of the wires, the correct installation. In addition, ill-considered actions can further lead to the dismantling of an expensive ceiling in order to correct errors associated with the installation of electrical appliances.
Lighting is thought out before renovation, at the project stage. With its help, zones in the room can be highlighted, which is impossible to do on the go.
When choosing lighting fixtures, you should know the specifics of white LED backlighting. Such lighting relieves eye fatigue and has a beneficial effect on them. In addition, with its help, you can select some textured decorative elements.
It is necessary to organize hidden access in the form of a hatch for maintenance of the ceiling wiring.
Beautiful examples of two-level ceilings
Each ceiling is individual, it emphasizes the taste and wealth of the owner of the interior.
- Stylish zoned ceiling design with multiple lighting options.
- A ceiling that combines matt and glossy textures in two levels. Two types of backlighting are applied.
- A beautiful example of LED lighting combined with central lighting. The enigmatic shapeless outline of the base ceiling level matches well with the sophisticated spider-like chandelier.
- A soaring ceiling of a geometrically regular shape, clearly zoned with lighting.
- The backlight gives the impression that the triangles are floating in the air.
- A beautiful ceiling with Led-illumination, made in two tones, with a magnificent central chandelier and spot lighting on a dark tier.
- Two-tiered plasterboard ceiling structure.
- A two-level ceiling with a print of the day sky.
- Suspended ceiling, two-tone, with several types of lighting.
- Complex multi-level ceiling with different textures and types of lighting.
- With hidden lighting, the ceiling resembles an amoeba floating in the air.
- With the help of hidden lighting, a beautiful pattern was made on the ceiling.
An unsuccessfully executed ceiling can destroy the design of even the most expensive interior, and the successful execution of the ceiling attracts attention with its magnificence and takes into the background any flaws in the situation.