Painting your walls is one of the fastest and most affordable ways to change your interior. According to reviews, Tikkurila wall and ceiling paint is one of the highest quality and durable in its segment.
Features of the
The paint of the Finnish brand Tikkurila for a long time in the construction market has established itself as a reliable, durable means for color changing walls. This became possible due to its features.
- Before entering the paint and varnish market, all products undergo thorough control and testing, which is confirmed by the international quality standard.
- Only highly qualified workers are working on the development of the composition, who introduce the latest technologies. Thanks to this, it quickly adheres to the surface, dries and holds for a long time. It also possesses a good protective property: such a tool perfectly protects the surface from the sun's rays, changes in humidity and temperature.
- Only environmentally friendly derivatives are used. Therefore, such products can be used to paint the walls of the hospital and children's room without worrying about the health and well-being of the child.
- Thanks to the ecological material, the paint also does not cause allergic reactions. Therefore, it can be used in apartments where people with high sensitivity to paints and varnishes live. At the same time, the paint perfectly permeates air, thereby helping to maintain a comfortable temperature and humidity in the room.
- The presence of a bright and extensive palette of material. The color will not fade or fade from artificial or natural light. This allows it to be used for all types of surfaces: concrete, metal, wood, plastic, as well as for internal and external work. The introduction of color tinting (mixing a light base with a color pigment) greatly facilitated the choice of the buyer, since a special catalog contains not only the main colors, but also shades. At the same time, it became possible to create the shade required by the buyer by mixing several colors.
- The variety of species and a rich assortment of related materials will allow a comprehensive approach to the staining process. You can first prepare the surface, select the required type of paint that will hide the flaws of the walls.
Tikkurila paint compares favorably with similar products in that the painted surface becomes washable, since the paint does not fade and is not afraid of water.
This paint is also much cheaper than wallpaper or similar paintwork. It is also easy to apply both on a clean surface and on old layers of paint, and the variety of species will allow you to choose a product for any interior.
Depending on the main component, the paint is divided into the following types:
- alkyd (enamel);
Emulsion paint has many subtypes and accounts for a large percentage of Tikkurila's paint production, since the emulsion form has many advantages:
- low consumption, such paint is diluted with water to an emulsion, which significantly saves the budget;
- non-toxic composition, therefore, hospital or sanatorium-type rooms are often painted with this type;
- high adhesion to the wall, except for a glossy, adhesive or varnished surface;
- safety, such paint is fire resistant;
- rapid drying of the composition on the surface, while the result is the aesthetic appearance of the walls;
- interacts well with other types of paint, so other material can be applied over it;
- high resistance to moisture, alkaline and mechanical stress, therefore this type is most often chosen for the kitchen, bath, toilet, or for non-residential premises.
The main type of alkyd materials is enamel paints. This type has many similar qualities to emulsion paint: good adhesion to the surface, fast drying, resistance to water and light. At the same time, the enamel appearance has a number of features: a high degree of glossiness and anti-corrosion properties.
If you need to get a beautiful shiny surface, then this type should be chosen. The scope of such a tool is extensive: from residential apartments to storage facilities.
Silicate or mineral paints in the composition contain glass in a liquid state and alkali, therefore, when working with this type, it is better to wear a protective mask and gloves. Of the positive properties of such a substance, it can be noted:
- good air permeability (due to this, mold and mildew does not form on the surface);
- high resistance to temperature changes and sunlight;
- high moisture resistance, so this type can be painted in bathrooms and toilets.
Adhesive paints contain organic polymers and water. Due to this, this species does not tolerate contact with water and high humidity. They also have low resistance to mold and mildew. The positive aspects are a large selection of colors and shades, quick drying and strong adhesion to the surface.
For the correct choice of paint, you need to know the features of not only its types, but also take into account some of the nuances.
The choice of paint is a responsible decision, since not only the transformation of space depends on it, but also the health of the residents.
- It is best to purchase paint in a specialized store. There, workers will help not only to choose the desired type, but will also be able to give a full consultation.
- Pricing policy largely depends not only on the type, but also on the weight of the manufactured product and the type of surface to be treated.
- Decide in advance on the desired result. If a shiny surface is needed, then it is better to give preference to glossy paint, in the opposite case - to stop the choice on matte paint. It should be borne in mind that the gloss brightly emphasizes all surface imperfections: cracks, irregularities.
- The choice of color largely depends on the lighting design of the interior: for an apartment with a lot of natural and artificial lighting, it is better to choose shades of graphite and blue.
With the right choice of type and taking into account all the surface features, Tikkurila paint will be an excellent option for painting walls.
For tips on how to paint the walls correctly, see the video below.