Drywall is a very popular material these days. It has many advantages: lightness and simplicity in construction, flat surface, ease of processing. Of the shortcomings, only fragility can be called. Often you have to hang hanging shelves, mirrors, paintings and other items on the walls to create a cozy atmosphere. You can even hang a TV panel on a drywall wall.
To mount the TV on a drywall wall, you should adhere to a certain plan.
But first you need to prepare the following tools:
- different types of self-tapping screws;
- drop-down dowels (molly type), with the help of which the attachment to the wall is carried out;
- mechanical expansion anchors for concrete;
- electric drill or hammer drill with drywall drills;
- screwdriwer set;
- levels and plumb lines of any type;
- magnetic plate.
Features of the
There are some of the most common methods for wall mounting securely to a drywall wall. Attaching a small, lightweight LCD TV panel to the wall is easy. Larger and heavier items are secured using separate built-in niches or shelves. Both methods can be carried out using a special bracket.
This option has such advantages as:
- creating a more aesthetic appearance of the room;
- an increase in the useful free internal space of the room;
- ease of self-manufacturing;
- increasing the functionality and practicality of the use of space;
- cheapness of the material.
The LCD panel can be mounted on the wall in various ways. The most common types are:
- with swivel arm.
The bracket usually comes with plastic dowels. It is strongly discouraged to use such dowels when attaching heavy objects to a plasterboard wall! Plastic dowels often do not withstand loads and break, which leads to the death of reinforced expensive equipment.
TV up to 15 kg
If you need to attach an LCD panel with a maximum weight of no more than 15 kg, then you can use the following installation option, which includes several basic steps, namely:
- it is necessary to determine the section of the wall on which the panel is planned to be mounted;
- attach standard load-bearing elements of the panel, which will carry the load;
- mark the boundaries of the dimensions of the location of the panel itself on the wall;
- check the correct position of the panel on the wall with a level;
- mark the mounting areas on the wall;
Advice. It is worth making at least 6-10 marks for a better orientation during installation. They should be done on each side of the product dimensions and in the middle. The larger the panel is, the more marks will be required.
- drill the wall with an electric drill or perforator in accordance with the marks made. Most often, fasteners with a diameter of 12 mm are used;
- if you plan to use a molly dowel, then you need to unscrew the screws from them and place the dowels in the holes. To open the molly dowel, you need to pry the cap with a screwdriver and pull it out;
- insert into the dowels and do not tighten the screws to the very end;
- install the supporting plate of the panel in its original position and fix all parts of the structure without overtightening them;
- insert the guide panels into the grooves of the plate.
TV weighing no more than 10 kg
The process of installing a TV with a mass of no more than 10 kg on a tilt-swivel bracket follows a different scheme. In this case, it is worth considering the weight of the device together with the bracket. This option can be used provided that there is a preliminary reinforcement of the wall structure with an aluminum profile.
The procedure should be as follows:
- it is necessary to attach a magnetic plate to the wall and move it to find the embedded part;
- note the dimensions of the metal bookmark;
- mark the areas where the fasteners will be installed and check the horizontal level of the structure;
- you do not need to drill holes for fasteners in advance, since you need to get the most close pressing of the fastening surface of the product, the wall material (drywall) and the embedded part;
- repeated screwing and unscrewing of the fasteners is unacceptable, since the fixation is weakened and expands the socket for the fasteners;
- do not screw the fasteners to the drywall to the limit, leaving a gap;
- insert the fasteners of the product into the resulting gaps, then finally tighten the fasteners;
- It is difficult to hang the TV on the bracket alone, since in 99% of cases the gap from the wall to the back of the TV will be so small that it will not allow you to work freely.
TV up to 40 kg
Appliances weighing more than 15 kg should not be mounted on a wall made entirely of plasterboard for safety reasons. Such installation can only be carried out on walls reinforced with concrete, covered with frame panels. To install a TV panel weighing up to 40 kg, you need to use a bracket.
The work procedure includes the following steps:
- mark the installation areas of the fasteners;
- drill drywall with an electric drill;
- punch through the main concrete or brick wall with a punch or percussion drill;
- hammer the expansion anchor dowels into the resulting holes;
- screw the anchor up to the dowel spacers;
- install the LCD panel on the wall.
In order to remove the restrictions on the attachment of the permissible maximum weight, structures should be made that will withstand loads exceeding the standard ones. This can be the laying of an additional reinforcing profile or to provide for a niche during construction for the future installation of an embedded part for mounted equipment.
How to install the wiring?
Everyone knows that a room is always equipped with outlets (connection points) that provide the power needed for household appliances. As a rule, not only wall panels are always installed, but also with them other household appliances such as DVD players, camcorders, Wi-Fi routers. For this reason, it is necessary to take into account the load on the wiring and provide for the installation of more connection points. It is possible that additional shelves will need to be hung for placement. Before choosing a place for installation on the wall, be sure to consider how the wiring will go.
The posting can be presented in two types
- Open. This type does not meet high aesthetic requirements, since the cables are run directly over the surface of the plasterboard walls. But such a wiring has an undeniable advantage - it will allow you to complete the repair in a short time.
- Hidden. This type is popular because it makes all the wiring completely invisible to prying eyes, and this increases the aesthetic requirements, the room becomes tidy. All cable wiring is removed into the ceiling and floor skirting boards, leaving only the places where they lead out where necessary are visible.
Important! The locations of the wiring terminals for the connections are organized in advance, at the stage of installing the plasterboard coating. To connect the installed TV to the power supply, you must take into account the length of the standard panel cable and the distance to the nearest outlet in advance. Using portable extension cords will not make the space more attractive.
The height of the LCD panel depends on the picture quality and screen size. Below is the relative correspondence table:
|Inches||Cm||720х576 (DVD)||1280x720 (720p)||1920х1080 (1080p)|
|19||48||1.50-2.00 m||1.13 m||0.75 m|
|22||56||1.70-2.40 m||1.31 m||0.87 m|
|26||66||2.00-2.80 m||1.55 m||1.03 m|
|32||81||2.40-3.40 m||1.90 m||1.27 m|
|37||94||2.80-3.90 m||2.20 m||
|40||102||3.00-4.20 m||2.38 m||1.59 m|
|42||107||3.20-4.50 m||2.50 m||1.66 m|
|46||117||3.50-4.90 m||2.74 m||1.82 m|
|50||127||3.80-5.30 m||2.97 m||1.98 m|
|52||132||4.00-5.50 m||3.09 m||2.06 m|
|55||140||4.20-5.80 m||3.27 m||2.18 m|
|58||147||4.40-6.10 m||3.45 m||2.30 m|
I must say that the height of the panel is very important. When watching TV in a sitting position, the top of the panel should be at least 1.2 m. When the process of hanging the panel on the bracket is completed, do not let it go suddenly. Make sure the bracket is securely fastened. It is preliminarily recommended how to test the strength of the fastener using excess load.
Watch the video how to install the TV on a drywall wall.