MDF wall panels can be a wonderful decoration for any room. Due to the fact that there is a huge selection of them, you can decorate any interior in a variety of styles.
This finishing material is very aesthetic, practical and affordable.
In modern industry, different MDF panels are produced, in addition to the difference in their appearance, they can also have different purposes. Their thickness varies from 6 to 60 mm. If we talk about finishing the living space, then it is preferable to use slabs up to 12 mm thick.
The material can have different shapes
- Tiled. Such panels can be square or rectangular. Using them in the interior, combining different textures and colors, you can create a mosaic covering.
- Rack… These panels are presented in the form of a wooden lining.
- Large leaf… This material can reach a height of 3000 mm and a width of 1500 mm.
Wall panels with photo printing have become a new trend in fashion. Any image can be applied to the surface of the material. In order for the panels to have high performance and last as long as possible, they are coated with a water-repellent acrylic-based varnish.
Another know-how is MDF panels with 3D effect. In the assortment of such panels, you can find options that will conquer anyone. Imitations of waves, volumetric geometric figures are applied to the surface of the slabs, various types of carving and relief are used.
Thanks to the use of such a finish, even the most complex design ideas can be solved.
MDF panels are not only a budget solution for wall decoration, but also the lightest. They can be used in any room: in the kitchen, in the hallway, in the living room and even in the bedroom. Many people prefer such panels in order to create an imitation of a wooden covering in the design of the room. It is wood that radiates naturalness and environmental friendliness, in addition, it can make a room warmer and more comfortable. But since natural material most often has a high cost, MDF may well replace it.
Consider other advantages of finishing with MDF:
- registration with this material can be done independently, even if the person does not have experience in this work;
- you can use MDF not only for wall decoration, but also for ceilings, the most important thing is the right combination of finishing materials so that the interior looks as effective as possible;
- wall panels can make any room unique, including a children's room, since you can apply an image of your favorite cartoon or fairy-tale character on them.
Even the most experienced designers are surprised by the variety and color options of the panels. Experts love to use this material in their projects, as it allows them to fully express their imagination.
You can use the material in question in different ways.
These installation options are the most popular
- At the bottom of the wall. This option is practical and especially aesthetically pleasing. If the proportions during installation are respected, then you can achieve the effect of a high ceiling, as well as visually increase the space in the room.
- All over the wall. This option is used in order to give the room austerity, as well as to emphasize the status of the owner of the house. This option is preferable to use in the library or in your personal account.
- As a decorative element. Used correctly in the interior, the panel will look neat and stylish.Due to the fact that the material has a wide variety of textures, any design idea can be translated into reality. For example, with the help of large slabs, one wall can be completely decorated, and the rest of the surfaces can be decorated with fragments of MDF.
If we consider the rooms separately, then for the kitchen, the panels can be used as an apron. Due to the fact that the material is moisture resistant and easy to clean, it will be an ideal solution for such a finish. It can also be mounted in the bathroom, and the panels will suitably take their place on the ceiling, on the walls and even under the sink as a decorative element. This material will be a good choice as the panels are not prone to mold growth.
They help to refine the panels and balconies with loggias, such decoration does not need large financial and time costs. In addition, this design can be combined with any other type of decoration.
Installation of MDF panels makes it possible to make a room unique. Thanks to all possible surface finishing methods, shapes and types of this material, the buyer will be able to choose the style that suits him.
A striking example of extravagant interior design. MDF panels are used as a decoration for one of the walls
- The bedroom is designed in light, delicate colors. An interesting design with the help of MDF emphasizes the delicate, airy interior of the room.
- An option for decorating the entire wall with MDF. The dark embossed finish will be a great accent in any modern interior.
- Such an interesting solution can be used to design a study or library.
- Calm, classic interior decoration with panels.
Tips for installing MDF panels on walls - in the next video.