Euro lining has gained great popularity due to its technical characteristics. If we compare it with ordinary lining, then the euro lining has a higher cost, but despite this drawback, this finishing building material is in great demand among the owners. However, many are interested in the question of how the euro lining is fastened. Before you get acquainted with the independent installation of the finishing material, you first need to study the features of the raw materials.
Features of the
Euro lining is a lining made of wood. The production technology meets European quality standards.
The main distinguishing characteristic of Euro-lining from identical finishing building materials is the presence of grooves on the sides of the building material. These channels have a dual purpose. During operation, the material is provided with the best ventilation. This is especially important for rooms where the conditional air humidity prevails, which varies within significant limits (baths, saunas, hallways). And also the presence of grooves facilitates the installation of hidden electrical wiring and other communications.
Thanks to the installation of euro lining inside the room, you can create coziness and comfort.
The advantages of such a finishing building material include:
- highly stable product parameters;
- antiseptic special coating of products;
- polished surface of the material;
- simplified installation of products on various surfaces;
- there is a possibility of coloring products in any shade;
- easy cutting of materials to any required size.
The disadvantages of building materials include some of the qualities of wood:
- wood lends itself well to burning;
- without special treatment, there is a risk of mold and mildew;
- expensive building material.
Euro lining can be treated with specialized varnishes, paints, oils, decorative plaster mixture, or pasted over with wallpaper. But the latter option is not very often used, because the natural color of the products creates a favorable atmosphere in any room.
Thanks to the advantages of finishing building materials, it becomes possible to accurately determine the amount of material required for installation. But also eurolining can be used for both external and internal work.
Fixing the Euro lining can be done in different ways.
Let's consider in more detail the demanded fastening methods
- Self-tapping screws. In this case, the material is fastened from the side where the spike is located. The size of the fixing elements should vary from 1 to 1.5 cm. After the screws have been tightened, they must be covered with a dowel. At the end of the finish, all protruding elements are cut off, and the surface is carefully sanded. To work with self-tapping screws, you need a drill. The disadvantage of using self-tapping screws is the risk of splitting products under the drill.
- Concealed fixing by means of staples. The original lining product is installed to the right corner, cutting to the required size. Then it is fixed by means of specialized brackets (kleimer). They securely attach the finishing building material to the crate. The disadvantages of using staples are the high cost of production and the fact that certain skills and experience are required to work with these tools.
- Nails. This method of fastening is identical with the method of fixing the lining by means of clamps. But in this situation, thin galvanized nails are used. The heads of nails should be hammered into the finishing product as deep as possible, otherwise such protruding parts will interfere with the fastening of subsequent lining elements.
Experts recommend choosing hidden fasteners using cleats. Thanks to such fasteners, the structure will be securely fixed, and the attractiveness of the entire system will also remain for a longer period.
Even an inexperienced master can install the euro lining, the main thing is that all the rules and patterns for laying finishing building materials are observed. Before proceeding with the installation process, you need to stock up on all the necessary tools that will be needed in the work, and also study the options for laying finishing building materials.
Sheathing walls or ceilings can be done in different ways
- Horizontally. This cladding method involves the installation of Euro lining from the top of the wall. The final Euro lining is cut to the required size. If there is a hole between the floor and the wall, it is covered with a decorative plinth.
- Perpendicular. This installation variation does not allow a large amount of moisture to accumulate inside the structure.
- Diagonally. In this case, the fixing of the products begins from the corner of the wall, the subsequent strips are cut to the desired size using a jigsaw.
- Mixed type of masonry. For such a masonry, a certain skill and experience will be required; it will be quite difficult for a beginner to perform a combined type of laying. Despite the laboriousness of the work, the final result of the installation will delight you with an unusual pattern.
Before installing the structure, you should stock up on special fasteners. Basically, 30 staples (clamps) are used for 1 m2 of euro lining, but the craftsmen recommend purchasing parts with a margin. Fasteners must be of high quality. It is forbidden to use mechanisms containing damage and irregularities. The thickness should be no more than 1 mm. When buying these mechanisms, you need to make sure that the clamps are covered with an anti-corrosion special coating.
Facing with eurolining can be performed both on walls and on a previously prepared wooden or metal crate. The metal frame is much more expensive than wooden slats, but this design is a reliable basis for the cladding material.
Wooden structures under the influence of high temperatures and high humidity can subsequently deform, which will lead to further dismantling of the entire structure.
Basically, walls made of brick or concrete are sheathed without lathing. In this case, a heat-insulating material is installed between the finishing building material and the base of the surface. And also, to simplify the installation of the facing material, the OSB board can be fixed to the walls. On this basis, the products will serve for a long time. In this case, the OSB plate will serve as a thermal insulation material.
First of all, before installing the facing product, it must be treated with an antiseptic. To prevent deformation of products from high humidity, experts recommend keeping the finishing product in the room where the installation will be carried out, this is necessary in order for the lining to acclimatize. When laying adjacent products, you need to make small gaps, where the spike should be located at the top. Such an installation will not allow a large amount of condensate to accumulate. But also for work you will need a vapor barrier material that is mounted on top of the insulation.
Fastening of euro lining can be carried out on an uneven surface by mounting the lathing.
Despite the complexity of installation, this installation has its advantages. In this case, the boards are able to breathe.
Wall cladding with eurolining is performed not only in the house, it is often used to decorate balconies and loggias
- If you decide to install a wooden crate, then this building material is pre-impregnated with a protective coating in order to extend the life of the structure. The system can be assembled only after the impregnation has completely dried. The slats are mounted at a distance of 80 cm from each other from top to bottom. Before sheathing the walls, check the installation of the battens with a level. The installation of the lathing depends on the selected type of fixing the lining. With horizontal installation of products, the rails are nailed in a vertical position or vice versa.
- If it is necessary to insulate the room, a thermal insulation material (mineral wool, expanded polystyrene) is laid on top of the crate. For those rooms where high humidity prevails, you should not only insulate the walls, but also waterproof them. For these purposes, you can use plastic wrap, which must be nailed to the crate with a construction stapler. The insulating building material is glued to the concrete surface with an adhesive. It is important that the film is overlapped (10 cm), and the joints are glued with tape, thus creating the best waterproofing in the room.
- The first board is installed with extreme alignment in the right corner. The evenness of the location is checked using a building level. It is important to fulfill this condition, because the first product is the leading one, the further arrangement of all elements will depend on its position. Next, the bar is fixed in any way.
- Next, the next product is inserted with a groove into the previous board, and then nailed along the board. Now you need to check the evenness of the vertical position using a level. If the slightest irregularities occur, the board must be reinstalled. The laying angle should be 90 degrees.
- The final board is cut according to the required parameter. To decorate the corner, a special material (a wooden corner) is used, through which all inaccuracies and flaws are hidden. Regardless of the chosen method of fastening the finishing material, the last lining is fixed by means of nails, which have small cap parameters.
- Ceiling cladding is produced in a similar way. Only after the completion of the work, the joint of the walls and the ceiling surface is closed with a special decorating baguette in order to give an aesthetic appearance to the entire structure.
Before you start cladding the walls with eurolining, you should familiarize yourself with some rules that will further help in the installation of this type of product.
The final result depends entirely on the correct actions performed
- When calculating the required amount of building material, you need to use the correct parameters of the products. If the real width of the lining is taken into account, then in the end result the difference will be about 5%. This error depends on the existing grooves, which are partially installed in the previous finishing building material, as a result of which the working surface is reduced.
- For a small room, the eurolining on the ceiling is mounted in such a way that it is located along the window structure, and also in this case, you need to use the combined method of laying.
- When installing the Euro lining horizontally, attention should be paid to the placement of the spikes, they should be located in the upper part. And also it is necessary to constantly check through the building level the correctness of the laying of products. As a result, you should get perfectly even corners and a flawless facade surface.
- Finishing building materials can be painted in any shade after installation. But before this procedure, the products should be treated with a primer.
- When installing euro lining in areas where sockets and switches are located, they must first be de-energized.
- When installing the battens, do not make large openings between the slats, in which case the facing material may bend.
- Installation of euro lining must be carried out at a temperature of at least 5 degrees and at an air humidity of no more than 60%.
There are many options for decorating rooms with wooden clapboard. The main thing is that a sufficient amount of building material is used without making the structure heavier and without creating discomfort in the room.
Thanks to the wall cladding with eurolining in the bedroom, coziness and comfort are created. You can focus on only one of the walls, giving the whole style originality. The natural color of the building material is the perfect backdrop for paintings and galleries. If you decide to paint the Euro lining, then opt for warm and soothing colors. In this room, beige, light blue, turquoise, pink shades will look great.
Pay attention to the general interior in the room, so that the walls and fittings are in harmony with each other.
If the living room is of small parameters, salvation is to use a light matte or glossy Euro lining for wall and ceiling cladding. This combination allows you to visually expand the space. As a decor, you can use multi-colored lighting located under the ceiling. To create an unusual look, you can paint the lining with a special compound that gives the surface an aging effect. If the room has a fireplace, then thanks to this decor, a calm and sincere atmosphere will reign. For the guest room, you can use the most extraordinary colors, it all depends on your tastes and preferences.
Tips for choosing a lining are in the next video.