Finishing the facade of the building is an important stage in construction and repair, since the general appearance of the house and the garden plot will depend on the outer cladding of the building in the future. Modern manufacturers offer a wide range of building materials for home decoration, but plastic lining, which has a number of features, is more popular.
Features of the
The construction of a building is a procedure that consists of a series of sequential steps. The cladding of the building is the most important stage not only due to the fact that the appearance of the building depends on it, but it also provides insulation and protection of the structure from an aggressive environment. Plastic lining, due to its technical characteristics, fully copes with these tasks. During the manufacture of the product, harmful substances are completely removed from it.
Plastic lining is made of rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) with the addition of coloring and plasticizing special elements under the influence of high temperatures. Inside, the building material has voids that give the product thermal and sound insulating qualities. Specialized grooves provide easy installation of finishing, thereby reducing construction time and minimizing financial costs.
Plastic lining is made from artificial building material. This means that it is more durable when compared with a similar material made of wood, and it is also easier to care for such a product. It is allowed to be used not only indoors, but also outside, because this building material perfectly tolerates the effects of UV rays and sudden temperature changes
If it was decided to use this material in places with harsh climatic conditions, then for this you can choose a specialized frost-resistant version of the product.
Facade lining is in demand among many owners due to the available product advantages:
- water resistance - the product does not transmit or absorb moisture;
- high deformation resistance;
- fire resistance - thanks to modern production technology, products do not ignite and do not emit harmful substances;
- high coefficient of resistance to mold and mildew;
- simple maintenance - it is enough to rinse the structure with clean water;
- long service life - 10-15 years;
- resistance to rust;
- the finish is able to mask all the irregularities and flaws in the surface;
- unlike wood lining, plastic options do not require treatment with specialized antiseptics before installation;
- acceptable cost of production.
Plastic lining, like other identical building materials, has some drawbacks when used.
- Low impact strength - even a weak impact on the structure will lead to cracks.
- Vapor tightness. Before cladding the room, it is necessary to treat the walls with a special agent against mold and mildew. If this is not done, then in the future it will be more difficult to eliminate such problems, because it will be necessary to dismantle the entire structure.
Plastic lining for outdoor use can be of various types.
Below are the most popular designs:
- Lining panel. This product visually resembles a wooden block.This system is the most simplified, therefore, most plastic building materials are made with a similar profile.
- Block house. The finishing building material is visually similar to a log cabin. The inside of the PVC panel has a flat surface, and there are grooves for fixing on the sides. This type of product can be used not only for outdoor work, but also for indoor use. In addition to the aesthetic appearance, the product has an excellent indicator of plasticity, because during production, manufacturers add specialized additives that provide the building material with frost resistance and resistance to fading.
- American. This option is the most popular type of plastic lining due to the installation feature, because the located panels provide excellent protection of the building facade from high temperature conditions and moisture penetration into the room. Outside, this variation of the lining resembles overlapping planks.
Most experts divide PVC wall paneling for outdoor use into the following types:
- colored or white products;
- materials that imitate wood, stone, as well as with the application of various patterns;
- seam and seamless plastic panels.
How to sew with your own hands?
Before proceeding with clapboarding of a house, it is necessary to study the methods of laying finishing building materials. The most popular variation is the perpendicular and horizontal placement of products, because in this way you can visually enlarge the walls. There is also an outdated method of laying panels - herringbone installation, as a result of which an unusual pattern is created, and it also becomes possible to save building material.
As with other construction work, before you start cladding the house with clapboard, you need to prepare the base.
If a wooden building is cladding, then you should make sure that there are no areas with mold and mildew on the surfaces, otherwise the surface must be treated with an antiseptic.
Regardless of the building material of the outer walls, they should be thoroughly cleaned of various contaminants. All cracks and cracks are sealed with a special solution. Ideally, the wall should be as aligned as possible.
First of all, the installation of a wooden lathing is performed to fix plastic products. - it will create a leveled mounting surface. In addition, the frame installation makes it possible to install thermal and waterproofing into the system. The frame can be made independently using ordinary boards 4-5 cm thick and 10 cm wide.They are fixed in an upright position.
Mineral wool layers are being mounted. Correct installation of the insulation is carried out in such a way that there are no gaps between the insulation materials. A feature of the masonry layers is that their upper layers should cover the lower slabs to the middle.
Due to the natural elasticity of the products, the thermal insulation material does not require additional fixation.
To prevent moisture from entering the room, it is necessary to install a waterproofing layer. For this purpose, you can use plastic wrap. The fixing of the film is carried out using construction brackets to the bars.
The joints must be glued with tape - this procedure will increase the waterproofing qualities of the structure.
Installing the second frame
Now you can start installing the second frame. Slats 2-3 cm thick and 0.5 mm wide are nailed onto the bars of the first frame on top of the waterproofing film. To prevent rodents and other insects from entering the lower area of the structure, it is necessary to close it with a metal mesh.
Installation of elements starts from the corner. The first part of the styling is controlling, so at this stage you need to be especially careful and attentive. Having mounted several products together, it is necessary to use the building level.
Variation of the finish in length assumes a layout of materials, where the spikes of the finishing product will be located in the upper part, as a result of which condensation will not form inside the structure.
There are various methods of fixing finishing products. The method in which a stapler or nails are used is very popular. But such tools can break down in a fairly short time, so in the future, reinstallation of parts will be required. Experts recommend getting specialized clays or thin nails. By means of clamps, it is possible to carry out installation on a brick covering or on walls made of round beams or reinforced foam concrete.
After finishing the plating procedure, you can start painting. Some types of paint (eg oil paint) will require surface pretreatment. This is done by applying drying oil in two layers. After that, you need to wait for the special coating to dry completely and continue painting.
Tips & Tricks
Plastic lining is an ideal variation for wall cladding with a high moisture content (for example, perfect for a bath). When purchasing building materials for wall cladding, you should pay attention to the cost of the assortment, because high-quality building materials will stand out at a high price.
If it is not possible to purchase expensive building materials, you need to pay attention to the main nuances that form the quality of the product
- The thickness of the outer part of the lining should be such that the stiffeners are not visible through it, otherwise it is not worth using such building material for the outer skin of the building.
- The strength of the product depends entirely on the number of stiffeners.
- The distance between the ribs should not exceed 10 mm.
- Attention should be paid to the uniform color coating of the building material. Most manufacturers do not add colorants to the copolymer special composition during manufacture, but only process the front of the products. Such a cladding in a fairly short time loses its shade, and if there are scratches and cracks, they will most noticeably stand out against the general background.
- When purchasing material, you need to demand from the seller a quality certificate for the product, because the lining is made from toxic raw materials. A new product may give off an unpleasant odor when opened, but this is considered normal.
- According to many experts, high quality products should contain no more than 20% chalk. Excess chalk leads to a decrease in the strength of the material. Such an ingredient is one of the inexpensive ingredients, so it is often used in manufacturing to reduce the cost of products. In order to check the content of this element in the material, it is enough to bend the corner of the bar. If a crack does not appear in the bending area, then it is allowed to use such material.
- When choosing a finishing building material, you should purchase lining for outdoor decoration.
This style requires a facade design in natural and natural colors.
The following shades are suitable:
- milky shades;
The cladding of the facade of the house, made in light colors, is in perfect harmony with the dark elements: railings, window frames, a forged street lamp.
A conservative English image can be created by using a lining that imitates a brick. This design favorably emphasizes the respectability and restraint of the building.
The English style requires the use of simple colors combined with natural materials or with a beautiful imitation of them. Plastic panels are ideal for such tasks. Due to the fact that the products can be painted in any color, it becomes possible to give the walls of the building the desired shade. The main thing is that the design of the external walls is in harmony with the general style of the house.
The most popular variation of the building cladding is the image of the chalet. The external and internal cladding of the building in this style is made of a wooden bar. Expensive building materials can be replaced with a block house plastic clapboard, which perfectly imitates wooden beams, emphasizing the attractiveness and sophistication of the building. Also, PVC finishing building material has a high frost resistance and does not lose color in the sun, as a result of which such a facade material can be used in the most severe climatic conditions.
For information on how to sheathe a house with plastic clapboard, see the next video.