For the early cultivation of thermophilic plant crops, gardeners and gardeners often use greenhouses. These structures, unlike full-fledged greenhouses, take up very little space. Due to their compactness, they can be installed in areas of any size. Often it is difficult for gardeners to decide on the choice of the optimal model, since manufacturers offer a huge selection of such designs. Experienced gardeners recommend opting for "Khlebnitsa". It is about her that will be discussed in this material.
"Bread box" is a greenhouse, which in its appearance and the principle of opening / closing resembles a kitchen drawer designed for storing bakery products.
Its design includes several parts:
- right and left halves;
To regulate humidity and temperature inside the structure, side flaps are provided, which are raised and lowered by means of hinges.
Manufacturers produce two modifications of the "Khlebnitsa": with one-sided and two-sided opening. The first models are sold under the name "Snail". Such greenhouses are small in size. Models with two-sided opening are more convenient to use, since they allow the gardener to "get" to any part of the structure.
Materials and sizes
Greenhouses do not have dimensions strictly regulated in accordance with GOST. They may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Depending on the modification, the length of the structure ranges from 2 (mini) to 4 meters, and its height is within a meter. As a rule, models with one-sided opening are narrower than two-sided variations. The frame of the "Breadbasket" is made of half-arcs. It is made from different materials.
This could be:
- metallic profile;
- square or round plastic pipes;
- galvanized professional pipe and other materials.
Cellular polycarbonate is mainly used as a coating. A polycarbonate greenhouse will help create an optimal microclimate for most types of plants, since such a covering material has specialized protection from direct sunlight. Less commonly, durable types of greenhouse films are used as a coating. Most often, a frame is sold in stores, and gardeners must choose the covering material themselves based on their requirements and financial capabilities. Only a small part of the greenhouses sold come with polycarbonate sheets.
A greenhouse with an arched shape is a simple and convenient design, which is famous for its quick assembly, reliability and mobility. Due to its light weight and compact size, the structure can be easily transferred from one place to another. The construction of the "Breadbasket" is distinguished by a minimum number of seams and a spacious interior space.
Other benefits include
- Affordable cost for all segments of the population. Depending on the dimensions and materials of production, the price of the frame varies from 3 to 7 thousand rubles.
- Simple and straightforward assembly of the structure when purchasing a greenhouse in a store. If you wish, you can build a "bread bin" with your own hands.
- Small size and weight.
- Stylish appearance.
- The possibility of ventilation due to the presence of clamps.The lid can be opened and fixed at any angle (from 0 to 90 degrees).
- No need to dismantle the structure in case of non-use (for example, during the winter period).
- Maintainability. If any part of the coating is damaged, it can be replaced with a suitable covering product. Thanks to its maintainability, "Khlebnitsa" will be able to serve for more than a dozen years.
The durability of the structure is due to its arched streamlined shape, which will prevent the retention of snow in winter, which means it will reduce the risk of its mechanical damage.
"Bread box" has some disadvantages, which you need to familiarize yourself with for the productive cultivation of greens, vegetables or flowers.
- The design includes moving parts - hinges. For trouble-free operation, it is necessary to carry out regular visual inspection and lubrication.
- The appearance of extraneous sounds when opening and closing the sash. Often observed after several years of active use of the greenhouse.
- Risks of displacement of the structure if it is improperly installed, which leads to damage to crops during strong gusts of wind.
- The inability to collect the "Bread Box" alone. For assembly and installation, at least two people must be involved.
The disadvantages also include the high price of polycarbonate, which gardeners often have to purchase separately. If a low pressure film is used instead, the service life of the coating will be significantly reduced.
Where to put and what can be grown?
Due to its low height, the "Khlebnitsa" is not suitable for all types of crops. As a rule, climbing plants, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers are not planted in it.
Best of all, such a structure is suitable for growing:
- various types of greens (dill, parsley, onion, salad);
- victoria and strawberries;
- seedlings of cucumbers, tomatoes (in need of subsequent transplantation when growing).
Sowing in such a greenhouse is permissible from early spring. When using heating devices, the structure is allowed to be used in late autumn and winter. To get a rich harvest of any crop, it is important to choose the “right” location for your greenhouse. It is recommended to install the structure in a sunny location, away from shrubs, trees and various building structures. The greenhouse must be located in the direction from north to south. This placement will allow the plants to receive a lot of heat and light from the sun.
"Bread box" should be at least 6 meters away from trees and a fence, from a bathhouse by 9 meters, from an outdoor toilet - at least 25. The place where the frame is planned to be mounted must first be leveled using a building level. Otherwise, the risks of deformation of the base are great.
The rules for installing the structure are detailed in the instructions attached to the greenhouse. This process is simple, thanks to which even a beginner can assemble a greenhouse. The bread box must be placed on the base. For its manufacture, bricks, timber or logs are suitable. In order for the "foundation" of wood to serve as long as possible, it must be pre-treated with a compound with an antiseptic effect.
Installation of the structure
- It is necessary to make a depression in the soil about half a meter. Its dimensions must correspond to the dimensions of the structure to be installed.
- Establish a framework. Pour manure or compost into the excavated pit, cover with fertile soil on top.
- Place the frame on the base.
- Cover the greenhouse with a covering material.
When cutting sheets of the required size from cellular polycarbonate, you need to be extremely careful. Mistakes can lead to the formation of cracks through which cold air from the outside will enter the greenhouse.
Dozens of domestic producers are engaged in the production of Khlebnitsa greenhouses.The most popular are several companies.
"Greenhouse choice". The company started its activity in 1998. This is one of the leading manufacturers of greenhouses in St. Petersburg. Products of this brand are distinguished by their reliability and long-term preservation of the presentation of the structures. The durability of the frames of greenhouses and greenhouses is achieved by covering them with a specialized powder composition. It ensures that metal parts are resistant to high humidity, direct sunlight and precipitation. In addition to the production of standard models, the manufacturer is engaged in the manufacture of custom-made greenhouses
Metalwork plant "Innovation". It is engaged in the manufacture of domestic and industrial greenhouses, and also accepts applications for individual orders. One of the largest specialized enterprises in Russia. The manufacturer produces durable reinforced structures, frames with anti-corrosion treatment. The company sells polycarbonate sheets equipped with a protective sheath against ultraviolet solar radiation
Agrosphere. The manufacturer of greenhouse structures from the Smolensk region. The company produces the only modification of the Khlebnitsa. All the necessary fasteners are included with the greenhouse. The company produces high quality products, which is achieved through the use of specialized Italian machine tools in the production of frames
When buying a greenhouse from any manufacturer, it is important to take into account the size of the structure and its usable space, the materials from which the frame is made and the optional design possibilities. Before you buy a product, you must carefully examine it. If welds are found, it is advisable to abandon the purchase, since corrosion may soon appear on them. Conscientious manufacturers fasten parts of the frame with "corners" and other fasteners.
In order to simplify the care of crops and to extend the life of the "bread bin" withYou should listen to a number of recommendations from experienced summer residents and gardeners.
- It is necessary to regularly lubricate all moving parts of the structure with grease or other oily substances to prevent squeaking.
- The edge of movable doors should be fitted with a fleecy cloth. When opening and closing, the material will wipe the arch from dust and dirt.
- The open lid must additionally be fixed by means of a bar. This support will not allow the lid to fall down spontaneously in strong gusts of wind.
In order to increase the temperature inside the greenhouse in late autumn or early spring, additional insulation of the side parts of the structure using modern insulation materials is recommended. Foamed polystyrene is most often used for these purposes. Due to its light weight, it will not weigh down the structure.
Thanks to the feedback from buyers, everyone is given the opportunity to get acquainted with opinions on the use of "Khlebnitsa". Most users respond positively to this greenhouse model.
They highlight among the advantages
- Compactness. Due to its miniature size, the structure can be installed in any part of the site, regardless of its area.
- Easy transportation and assembly. The disassembled structure can be transported by car. Assembly and installation is straightforward. For most gardeners, the whole process took no more than three hours.
- Easy operation. For watering, fertilizing, loosening or weeding, just open the flap and gain access to the plants.
- Efficiency. In a greenhouse, seedlings, herbs and vegetables grow much faster than in the open field. Many consumers note that with the purchase of "Khlebnitsa" they began to harvest much earlier.
Among the shortcomings, summer residents note the impossibility of growing high vegetable crops, which is not always convenient.
Thanks to its functionality, versatility and ease of use, the "Khlebnitsa" greenhouse has become a real find among summer residents and gardeners. It is in great demand among people who have small land plots, on which it is not possible to install a full-fledged greenhouse. Due to the simple design, many gardeners make such a greenhouse with their own hands, saving on the purchase of a finished frame.
To learn how to assemble a greenhouse "Khlebnitsa" with your own hands, see the next video.