Any toilet model must comply with all the standards and requirements that apply to such plumbing devices. Today, the range of high-quality and practical products is huge and is constantly updated with new models. Every buyer can choose a worthy option. In this case, it is necessary to pay attention not only to the technical characteristics and design of the plumbing, but also to its height.
Choosing a high-quality and properly made toilet bowl, the consumer must pay attention to the indicators of its height. Over the years of production of such plumbing units, certain standards have been developed related to their size and all other basic parameters. The set values are always based on the height of the plumbing users.
The height standard for suitable toilet models changes every decade. Each time it increases by a certain number of millimeters.
Today's manufacturers produce toilets in various shapes. On sale there are not only standard floor-standing, but also pendant devices that are wildly popular. All the required standards for these models are different. Let's dwell on this issue in more detail.
Floor standing toilet models will never cease to be relevant. These are classic plumbing fixtures found in most modern homes.
In recent years, there has been a standard height of 40 cm for floor-standing devices. But this figure was changed to 42 cm. In some countries, whose population is made up of taller people, they began to produce plumbing products, the height of which reaches half a meter.
Some Russian manufacturers also produce toilet bowls that meet the 50 cm standard. It is advisable to buy such products for tall users. In this case, they will be convenient and most suitable.
However, such models are unique and belong to the category of special ones. They cannot be found in absolutely all shops selling plumbing fixtures.
Let's analyze the optimal performance of modern floor-standing toilets:
- width - no more than 38 cm;
- length - 67.5 cm;
- height from the floor (including the tank) - 80 cm;
- the height from the floor covering to the toilet bowl is 40 cm.
Some manufacturers today produce taller floor-standing toilets with dimensions of 72 or 75 cm. Often in such models, the water supply is at the bottom. Such tall models of toilet bowls can be found in the assortment of the famous Italian brand Roca, domestic manufacturer Santek or Polish company Cersanit. Such products are of excellent quality, but due to their large size, they often require a lot of free space in the toilet.
Modern models of wall-hung toilet bowls have rapidly conquered the market. Such plumbing is attractive for its original appearance, sustained in a modern way. To decorate the bathroom interior - this will be a great solution. In stores you can find a lot of different models of wall-mounted toilet bowls. They differ in many ways, including dimensional.
And suspended models must comply with GOST concerning the indicators of their height. For such products, the norms will not be the same as in the case of floor-standing options.It is very important to take into account the distance from the floor level to the bottom edge of the toilet. The ideal value is 20 cm.
It should be borne in mind that after the final installation of the plumbing equipment, the installation of the flooring will follow, therefore, the indicated distance will certainly decrease.
Because of this, the position of the toilet may not be the most comfortable.
The following indicators will be optimal for suspension devices:
- the length of the products is from 50 to 60 cm (in rare cases, there are models with a length of 62 or 70 cm);
- width - from 30 to 40 cm;
- the height from the floor covering to the plumbing bowl is from 50 to 60 cm.
Some users decide to hang wall-mounted toilet bowls at a distance of 44 or 45 cm from the floor. This is not the best and most convenient solution, but in some cases there are simply no other installation options.
Standards depending on the type of issue
The height parameters of the plumbing under consideration largely depend on the type of release that is provided for in them. Let's consider what parameters the toilet bowls with different conclusions correspond to.
- With oblique release. Today, there are quite a few models of toilet bowls with such a device on sale. It makes sense to buy this type of product if the socket is too close to the level of the subfloor.
- With horizontal outlet. Pit is advisable to buy an approved model if the sewer socket is at a height of 5 to 10 cm from the floor level.
- With vertical release. Models of toilet bowls of this type are bought if the sewer socket is located at a great distance from the wall to which the toilet is attached.
It is worth considering separately the models of toilet bowls that differ in non-standard parameters. This category includes compact devices.
Narrow and small specimens are perfect for installation in a small-sized bathroom, where there is not a lot of free space.
On sale you can find children's devices or miniature toilet bowls with such non-standard dimensional parameters:
- width - in non-standard models, it can be from 33 cm;
- depth - from 59 cm;
- height - from 47 cm (taken into account together with the tank).
Among the small varieties of plumbing devices, options with dimensions of 36x63x77 cm are especially popular… In choosing such toilets, a lot depends on the place in which it is planned to install them. The preferences of the owners of the home also play an important role.
Due to the small size, such toilet bowls look neat and attractive even in tiny bathrooms.
As for modern models of children's toilet bowls, there are usually the following standards:
- length - the minimum is 29 cm, and the maximum is 40.5 cm;
- height - from 13 to 13.5 cm;
- width - from 21 to 29 cm.
How to choose?
Choosing a high-quality and most comfortable toilet, the consumer must take into account its dimensional parameters… If you do not pay due attention to these indicators, you can buy plumbing, which will simply be impossible to use normally.
It is important to take into account the square of the room in which the toilet will be installed. If the model turns out to be too bulky, then it may simply not find enough free space.
Before going to the store, it is recommended to carefully measure the bathroom in order not to make a mistake with the purchase. The optimal height of the plumbing equipment must also be selected with great care. The toilet should be such that the legs of the person sitting on it stand confidently on the surface of the floor, and do not hang over it. Only by observing this simple condition is it possible to achieve the maximum comfortable and safe position.
As for the little users, the one here you can use a special stand, which will make the plumbing a little taller. Many parents use similar solutions.
How to increase the height?
The toilet can be made taller using the appropriate fittings. Such solutions have to be resorted to in a variety of situations. For example, the installation of such elements is required for people with disabilities. For such purposes, special attachments with removable handles are used. The toilet seat can then be raised by 120 mm.
For fastening, a special clamping device is used, consisting of a bolt located inside the device.
To increase the height of the toilet, you can resort to more radical methods, for example, to raising the base of the plumbing. In this case, bases made from foam blocks are often used. A kind of pedestal is built from these materials, and the toilet is on its very top.
Not all people resort to this method, since this requires a lot of building materials, and the work itself can be labor-intensive. Sometimes the owners call experienced craftsmen to carry out all the stages, but this inevitably leads to unnecessary expenses.
To increase the height of the plumbing, it makes sense to resort to using a special stand. There are several types of such devices.
Here is some of them
- Classic coasters. With these parts, the height of the toilet can be increased. These options are best handled if the user is having a hard time bending over and squatting. The classic stand is a special ring with a certain height. The installation of such devices is often requested by people after spinal injuries.
- Height-adjustable device. This is a more advanced and sophisticated device that makes the toilet taller. It consists of a system that includes support parts and strips. It is not difficult to figure out how to fix such an element, since the set always includes an instruction manual.
- Baby seats. For small users, special covers for "adult" toilet bowls are being developed. Often these accessories are equipped with ladders, along which the kid can easily climb onto the plumbing, do his own thing, and just as easily go down. As a result, the toilet is slightly higher. In most cases, child safety seats are equipped with reliable handrails, mountings, handles and rubberized parts to make their use as safe and comfortable as possible.
For information on how to choose the right toilet, see the next video.