Unfortunately, any technique and different types of devices fail sooner or later. Critical failure can be caused by wear or mechanical damage. Sanitary ware in this case is no exception. A serious breakdown of the toilet requires replacing it. Accordingly, options for installing new equipment on their own are considered or a wizard is called. If the choice is made in favor of self-installation, you need to get acquainted with the methods of fixing the sanitary ware. Today, 3 types of mounting are known, namely floor, corner and wall mount. However, the outdoor method is in greatest demand among consumers.
Features of the
If you understand the design features of the toilet, it will become clear how it is installed. First part the classic toilet model is a cistern. It is installed on top of the bowl and connected to the drain. The second part of - the bowl itself. On its back side there is a large outlet, where the corrugation is connected.
Design wall models toilets looks a little more complicated. Its main part - steel frame. 2nd part - cistern. It does not have an attractive appearance, as it is mounted inside the steel frame. 3rd part - bowl. In wall-mounted models, this is the only structural element protruding outward. The shape of the bowl can be oval, round or rectangular.
Of course, each individual type of toilet requires a special installation method … However, all fastening elements are necessarily present in the product kit. It is very rare that you have to go to a plumbing store for the purchase of additional parts.
Before starting installation work, it is necessary to make sure that the required tools are available. If there are none, you should contact the hardware store. Further it is necessary familiarize yourself with the design of the purchased toilet. See how the bowl is attached to the floor. Required to study the method of fixing the tank.
Based on the weight of the sanitary ware, the direction of release and the material, you can determine which installation method is most acceptable.
When buying a toilet, it is important to make sure that a set of fasteners is available, and before direct installation, double-check the number of screws. Having discovered the loss of one or more fasteners, you will have to purchase new ones.
How to fix to the floor?
To date, several options have been developed for fixing the toilet bowl to the floor covering:
- fasteners for dowels;
- fixation with glue;
Regardless of the chosen installation method, work must proceed in accordance with safety regulations. Otherwise, the working tool, the toilet will be damaged, and most importantly, a person may suffer.
To avoid difficulties during the installation process, you must have a high quality tool. When installing, it is important to take care of the method of fastening, be it metal bolts or a liquid mixture.
Further, it is proposed to get acquainted with the presented methods of installing sanitary ware. Dowel mounting - a very popular installation method. However, it is dictated by the need to drill outlets in the floor tiles where the fasteners are attached.
On the 2nd place in demand is glue method. An alternative to glue is sealant or epoxy. This type of installation allows you to install the toilet on a tiled floor without drilling holes. And this is very important if the layout of the bathroom is designed for a warm floor.
The taffeta toilet is considered an outdated method, but is still in demand today.
The main element of this method of fastening is a wooden substrate 5 cm high. "Grandfather's" method intended to be used on a concrete floor.
Any type of installation requires a permanent bond to the floor covering. In no case is it allowed to wobble the toilet bowl. Otherwise, the fixation of the sanitary ware will be unreliable, and a leak will form after a few days.
The installation procedure for sanitary ware on dowels consists of 10 steps. To avoid errors during installation, you must adhere to a step-by-step sequence.
- Try on the structure to the required installation site. If necessary, move it. Check the distance to the sink and water connections.
- It is necessary to outline the outline of the toilet bowl with a marker. Be sure to mark the points of the fasteners.
- Move the toilet back and highlight the drilling points with bold ink.
- Next, a drill and a drill for concrete are prepared. If there are tiles on the floor, the initial drilling must be done at a reduced speed.
- Having drilled the tile surface, you can increase the speed of the drill, thereby making the necessary holes in the concrete.
- It is necessary to clean the floor covering from dust, debris and other types of dirt, especially in the places where the toilet is attached. Then degrease the floor with ammonia.
- Then put the dowels into the holes made.
- Check the fit of the fasteners.
- Now you can put the sanitary ware according to the markings made.
- Insert the fasteners into the holes in the bowl support and tighten.
It remains only to put the tank and connect the sanitary ware to the pipes.
Glue is the simplest and most convenient way to mount sanitary ware to the floor. However, it will take 13-16 hours to prepare the adhesive. Craftsmen say that it is very difficult to glue the toilet bowl to smooth ceramic tiles. Strong adhesion is ensured if the floor surface is rough.
Before proceeding with the installation, it is necessary to clean the floor covering from debris and degrease it
The adhesive composition can be made by hand, but it is best to purchase a ready-made mass at a hardware store.
The mixture must be applied to the base of the toilet with a thick layer, and then put the sanitary ware in a place chosen in advance.
If necessary, it will be possible to slightly move the toilet bowl in order to align the structure with the water supply point, then press down carefully. In this position, the toilet should stand for about 12 hours. Only then can you connect it to the sewer pipes.
Taffeta is ideal for installing a toilet on a wooden floor. Taffeta nails must be staggered. Their tips should protrude at least 2 cm from the front. Thanks to this nuance, the best adhesion of the sanitary ware to the floor base is ensured.
But before proceeding with the installation, you must prepare the work space, make a cut in the floor, where the cement slurry will be poured.
If the floor is concrete, a jackhammer will help to make the cut.
It is important that the indentation in the floor is flat and matches the corners of the base of the bowl. This will avoid gaps between the sanitary ware and the floor covering.
A cement solution is poured into the prepared recess. The prepared taffeta is installed in it. Next, you need to wait until the solution is completely dry.
The next stage is the installation of the toilet. The fixation of the product is made with special screws, under the heads of which rubber washers are placed
The hidden installation of the toilet is practically no different from the methods presented above, however, it has a number of certain nuances
- It is necessary to outline the contour of the sanitary ware.
- Fasteners are laid out on the floor. Their markings are made, on the basis of which drilling works are carried out.
- The mount is bolted.
- The toilet is placed in the outlined place and then screwed on. Plumbers advise not to tighten the bolts immediately, but to leave them in a loose state. So the toilet can be slightly moved in one direction or another.
In cases where it is important to install hidden fasteners on the floor, and you cannot drill, you must use other fixing methods Are liquid nails, silicone sealant or epoxy. For the proposed adhesive mixtures, it is necessary that the tile surface is rough. You will need a piece of sandpaper to clean it.
Raising the conversation about the wall mountings of the toilet, it becomes clear that we are talking about the installation of suspended structures.
Many people think that this is a very difficult job, and tend to call a highly qualified specialist. But if you understand the technology, everyone can cope with the installation of a wall model of sanitary ware.
The main thing is to know the sequence of actions
- Install the frame by fixing it firmly to the wall.
- Make a supply of pipes to the tank. Better to put a rigid hose. If it is not there, you will have to install a hose from the sanitary ware kit. Connect the tank to the sewerage system.
- Cover the frame with plasterboard. The operating instructions for the toilet contain information about the correct cutting of the building material, which allows you to hide the metal frame, but at the same time have access to the cistern, for example, to replace the freshness unit. It is very important to make the facing of the partition according to the overall design of the bathroom.
- The bowl is fixed in place with several pins.
There is another method of attaching the toilet to the wall, but already without using installations … Concrete is used as its counterpart.
There are several installation methods using this technology. However, for home use, it is proposed to consider the most economical method.
You will need 40 liters of concrete, a base for the formwork, a few nuts, washers, a piece of plastic pipe with a diameter of 11 cm and a drain sleeve.
Silicone is required for fixation
- First of all, it is necessary to strengthen the rods in the wall. The design of the bowl will be held on them.
- The sanitary ware is installed to the required height, the coupling is cut.
- Formwork is being prepared.
- It is important to correctly calculate the length of the fixing rods. To do this, add up the thickness of the recesses and the distance from the bowl to the wall. It is preferable to use a chemical anchor as a rod retainer.
- Having made the formwork, you should try on the bowl. Make sure that the fixing lugs match the structure of the sanitary ware.
- Now you can concrete, just support the drain with a piece of foam.
- After the concrete has dried, you can install the sanitary ware. The drain system is connected according to the standard scheme. Next, the joints are sealed with universal silicone. After the bowl is installed on the pins, tightened with nuts. The cistern is fixed over the toilet bowl.
In a similar way, you can install side flush toilets.
It is not difficult to carry out self-assembly of sanitary ware. The main thing is to follow the instructions and advice from experienced plumbers.
- When installing plumbing equipment, it is necessary follow a clear sequence of actions.
- Before installing the toilet, necessary level the floor covering. If the toilet bowl dangles or sways from side to side, soon the sanitary ware will fail, and traces of leakage will appear on the floor.
- When installing the toilet, it is necessary seal all connecting joints. It is especially important to generously seal the junction of the corrugation with the outlet of the toilet bowl. If suddenly the sealed layer turns out to be unreliable, the sewage liquid will begin to seep out through the cracks and introduce an unpleasant odor into the toilet.
- As additional protection, you can reinforce the outside connections with silicone sealant.
- When tightening the toilet bowl fasteners should not be overzealous … Tightened bolts can create strong pressure on the sanitary ware, causing the product to crack.
- Do not leave the fixing plug not fully tightened. With this attachment, after a few days, the toilet will begin to sway, water will run from under its base.
If you follow the recommendations provided and the instructions supplied with the toilet bowl, you will be able to install the sanitary ware the first time and not expect any unpleasant consequences.
How to attach the toilet, see the next video.