Personal hygiene in the modern world is very important for every person - perhaps that is why we live much longer than our distant ancestors. Now people are so accustomed to cleanliness that they can experience moral discomfort even after going to the toilet. The cheapest solution to the problem seems to be sanitary napkins, and the most "chic" - a bidet. However, the former are not so different from ordinary toilet paper, and the latter requires a significant amount of space, which is simply not available in many apartments. An excellent solution in such a situation would be to install a hygienic shower, especially if it is produced by a trusted manufacturer such as Grohe.
Features of the
A hygienic shower of any manufacturer is, in fact, an ordinary shower, with the essential difference that it does not have its own tray. Instead, the drainage is usually carried out into the toilet, although there are other options, for example, for the sink. A typical set consists of a mixer (and even then not always), a flexible hose, a watering can and fasteners; there are also more complex models with a thermostat at once - then, of course, there is no mixer in them.
Regardless of whether has a mixer or thermostat design, the water supply in it, as a rule, is not turned on in the most usual way - by pressing a special valve on the watering can. As soon as the user releases the button, the water supply stops, the pressing force allows you to adjust the pressure.
The hygienic shower head, in contrast to the usual one, is narrowed - it does not spray water, but, on the contrary, provides its jet supply exactly where you direct the socket.
Like any other plumbing solution, a hygienic shower has its own advantages and disadvantages. It has so many advantages that it is even incomprehensible why such a design is still not used literally in every home, because it:
- takes up a minimum of space, fits in the tightest bathrooms, does not litter the already limited area of the room;
- it is extremely easy to install, and a variety of engineering solutions allows you to productively use the plumbing that is already present in the toilet;
- radically saves the time spent by its owner on performing hygiene procedures;
- guarantees high quality cleaning, provides a feeling of cleanliness and freshness;
- convenient for users of all categories, including small children and people with disabilities;
- can be used for other purposes, except for the main purpose - with its help they also wash trays for pets, dirty shoes, dog paws after a walk on the street.
There may be only two drawbacks to this design, but both of them are completely leveled
- water may drip from the watering can, which will look suspicious in the immediate vicinity of the toilet, but the problem is solved by wiping the diffuser after blocking the water;
- you should not leave babies alone with a hygienic shower, because for them such plumbing seems to be an excellent toy, and they are able to flood the entire room.
The great advantage of the Grohe brand is its desire to offer consumers the widest possible range of hygienic showers for every taste and wallet. We will consider the most popular and demanded modern models. and even indicate their approximate cost, but the reader should take into account that in some cases, especially with built-in models, the installation procedure may turn out to be more expensive than the actual plumbing equipment.
The name alone hints that this is a classic, proven over the years. This is a complete set for concealed installation, consisting of a separate chrome mixer and, in fact, a Tempesta F-Trigger Spray 30 hygienic shower with a meter hose, also chrome. As often happens, a wholesale purchase is cheaper for the consumer - instead of almost 14 thousand rubles, it will cost only 11.7 thousand.
If you don't need a mixer, you can buy a hygienic shower without it - such a purchase will cost from 6.2 thousand rubles.
Another noteworthy kit, which is generally similar to the previous one and even equipped with the same hygienic shower, but with a different model of chrome mixer and equipped with a longer flexible hose - 125 cm. The total cost of the kit is from 10.3 thousand rubles, but according to the promotion on the manufacturer's website, it can be purchased for 8.7 thousand. This set can generally be disassembled into parts, each of which is sold separately, and this is a big plus for the consumer - although the quality level of Grohe, in principle, does not imply a high probability of breakdown, it is better to be able to quickly replace damaged components.
Sena Trigger Spray
Unlike the aforementioned competitors, this set is not only not a proven classic, but rather belongs to the category of hot new products. At first glance, the characteristics are all about the same, and only the shape of the funnel has changed. In fact, upon a more detailed study, we note that German engineers have done a good job of improving the principles of hose usability. First of all, attention is drawn to the Twistfree technology, designed specifically to prevent hose kinks. The SpeedClean System will benefit from the durability of the product by preventing lime build-up inside the hose.
The full price of the kit is about 11.3 thousand rubles, but on the manufacturer's website the temporary promotional price starts from 9 thousand.
By offering its customers complete installation kits, the brand also allows you to buy individual elements, be it a watering can, a flexible hose, a wall mount or a mixer. Taking this opportunity, you can try to compose your own kit, which will have the ideal qualities for you. It is important that all products of the German company are covered by a multi-year warranty - 5 years for mixers, 2 years for individual hoses and nozzles.
The variety of the lineup can confuse a person who did not even think that there was such a wide selection in this segment of plumbing. To make it easier for you to figure it out, we have formulated some useful tips.
- For purely hygienic use, opt for wall-mounted models. They look minimalistic and can even be installed in a separate toilet, since water is taken directly from the pipes coming out of the wall, connected to them through a tee.
- For the sake of maximum space savings and the aesthetic appearance of a bathroom with a hygienic shower, it makes sense to choose the built-in version. Such a panel assumes the arrangement of a small niche, and if initially it was not in the room, it will have to be made. For this reason, built-in models are usually installed only in parallel with a major overhaul of a bathroom.
- For the most versatile use of a hygienic shower in a combined bathroom, it is mounted directly on the sink. As a rule, a washbasin and a toilet bowl in such rooms are located side by side, therefore, depending on the needs at a particular moment, both one and the other can be used as a drain.
- For bathrooms, in which you do not have to rely on an immediate supply of warm water, it is most reasonable to purchase a unit with an already built-in thermostat. Models of this type are somewhat more expensive than those in which there is no thermostat, but in the end the buyer will still save money, because he will not have to wait for the cold water to drain.
You can learn how to install a Grohe hygienic shower in the following video.