The issue of saving space in our apartments is always acute, especially when it comes to bathrooms and toilets. The organization of functional space in small rooms all over the world leads to the installation of mobile built-in models that carry an aesthetic and functional purpose, hiding unnecessary interior details. What is a toilet bowl installation and what are its standard sizes - we will talk about this in the article.
Installation Is a design in which the toilet bowl and flush button are visible, and all technical elements are hidden in the wall or in the floor. Such systems are used mainly with hanging toilet bowls, but it is also possible with floor-standing ones.
Depending on how the installations are mounted, they are divided into block and frame
- Blocky installations. Usually found on a main wall. They are considered inexpensive and simple. Installation is carried out in a prepared niche. The basis for attaching the toilet is the fittings, which are attached to the block system.
- Framed the installations consist of a steel frame in the form of a frame. It can be installed on the floor and on the wall. It is considered more expensive and more difficult to install. It is the possibility of its placement in any room that distinguishes it from a block installation.
Installation sizes may vary depending on the location chosen and the toilet to be installed. They are usually used where there are no spatial restrictions on the area. But they still have their own standard sizes, suitable for most models.
Block and frame installations have a standard width of 50-60 cm. This distance is sufficient for the installation of the cistern. The dimensions of the latter may vary, but the width is no more than 50 cm.
An important parameter when choosing an installation. It differs depending on the type of construction. Block installations are the most compact and have a depth of 10-15 cm, frame installations - 15-30 cm. The depth of the console depends on the volume of the cistern placed in the frame.
The minimum depth can be 8 cm, but is used for compact installations.
An important factor when choosing an installation. Measured from the floor. If it is not yet there, then the height of the future floor is added. The height is taken in the range of 90-140 cm. Fasteners for studs for attaching the bowl are usually made 32 cm above the floor level - if necessary, they can be changed using the legs in the frame structure.
Below are the standard plan dimensions.
Dimensions of corner and compact installations
Quite often, the bathroom is small. In this case, not the overall dimensions will help you, but corner and compact installations. The first solution is to place the toilet in a corner. Thus, space is saved, it becomes possible to install other plumbing equipment.
Corner installations are often chosen precisely because of the possibility of additional strengthening of the structure. There are 4 additional overlays on the frame at an angle of 45 degrees, which ensures a tight fit to the base.
The frame width for the corner installation will be 38 cm, which allows more rational use of the bathroom area.
Also, when installing a corner installation, it should be borne in mind that the cistern will have a triangular shape.… But this shape allows you to reduce the depth of the frame. On average, it will be 13–20 cm.
Compact installations are intended for installation in small spaces, for example under a windowsill. Frame frames with a height of no more than 85 cm are used. The installation depth can be 8 cm. Mounting can also be made on a wall, flat partition, floor, or have combined mounts.
How to choose?
- First of all, you need to analyze the size and area of your bathroom and the need for plumbing equipment. It is advisable to sketch everything on paper. Think about what kind of toilet you want. Of course, the hinged one is more convenient and saves space. But it is more expensive and more difficult to access for repair and maintenance. Also consider the size of the toilet and the physical data of the users.
- Assess your financial capabilities. You will need money for the purchase of equipment, installation work and possible alterations of the wall and floor.
- Calculate the depth of the installation niche, especially if the room size is not that large.
- Choose a flush system. Mechanical system - flushing is carried out using working rods and a drain valve. Pneumatic Systems - A piston is used that creates air pressure. When choosing the latter system, the flush button can be located 2.5 meters from the toilet.
- Select the model of the installation for which there are spare parts. Their absence can lead to the replacement of the entire system.
- Select the material for the toilet. The most common are sanitary ware and sanitary ware. They do not absorb moisture and odors, durable.
- Drain type. It happens: circular with direct feed, circular with spiral feed and direct jet. Experts recommend a circular discharge with a spiral jet, as at low flow rates, the hydraulic funnel flushes away impurities well.
- Determine for yourself a set of additional functions for the toilet. The price of most models depends on these options: heating, built-in bidet, aeration, microlift, anti-splash, drying, blowing, remote control, etc.
- Decide on the size and material of the installation box.
See below for tips on choosing installations.