Today, in the modern plumbing market, you can find a wide variety of products and devices. Manufacturers strive to create and develop new technologies in order to attract buyers to their products. Today in our article we will talk in more detail about the microlift in the toilet and its correct installation.
What it is?
When creating modern plumbing devices, a large number of manufacturers care about how comfortable and convenient it will be to use the unit. For example, new models of toilet bowls are equipped with a mechanism such as a microlift. It is installed on the toilet seat and acts as a door closer. This allows users to avoid the unwanted, harsh sound that is common when the lid hits the toilet itself.
Like any other mechanism, the microlift is characterized by a variety of unique characteristics. However, they have not only a positive, but also a negative direction.
This means that before buying, you need to carefully study how the microlift works and how it works, as well as weigh all the pros and cons so as not to regret your purchase in the future.
A number of different characteristics can be attributed to the positive properties of a microlift:
- noiselessness (which is especially important at night or if small children live in your house);
- simplicity and ease of installation (you do not need a large amount of technical knowledge and skills to install such a mechanism);
- protective characteristics (the use of a microlift prevents the appearance of microcracks on the toilet bowl and seat, respectively, increases their service life and saves your budget);
- automatic adjustment of the lid (this characteristic is typical for luxury models), etc.
As for the negative aspects, most users note the fact that if a microlift is installed on your toilet, then you will not be able to lower the toilet lid on your own - since you will encounter resistance from the mechanism. Moreover, if you apply strong pressure, you can completely break the device. Accordingly, it can be concluded that the positive characteristics outweigh the negative aspects. That is why toilets with a microlift are very popular and in demand among users.
There is a wide variety of toilet seats available today. For the convenience of users, it is customary to classify them into several groups.
By the material of manufacture, toilet seats are divided into:
- wooden (can be made of plywood or chipboard);
- polyvinyl chloride;
- duroplast, etc.
In addition, seats can be classified into:
- ordinary soft;
- with simple and complex fastening;
- with a closer (or microlift);
- children and adults;
- with built-in bidet, etc.
Among other things, toilet seats, depending on their cost, can be divided into budget, mid-price and luxury class.
In general, the assortment of such products is quite wide, respectively, each buyer will be able to find for himself such an option that will fully meet his needs, capabilities and desires.
Today, a large number of both domestic and foreign companies are engaged in the production of toilet seats. Let's take a look at some of the top brands.
The rating of the best domestic manufacturers includes the following brands.
As a Russian manufacturer, the Sanita Luxe trademark produces products that meet all international standards and regulations. The range of the brand includes a large number of sanitary ware and furniture: compact toilets, furniture washbasins and much more.
IDDIS is a Russian company that produces high quality plastic and duroplast toilet seats. Moreover, most of the models have an antibacterial coating.
In addition, the products are distinguished by affordable prices and a high level of reliability.
There are some of the best among foreign companies.
This Spanish company specializes in the production of products for a wide variety of purposes. The brand's sanitary products are also popular (especially the Dama Senso and Victoria product lines). This brand has existed on the market for more than 100 years, during which time it has managed to win the love and trust of a large number of buyers.
The French brand Jacob Delafon produces exclusive sanitary furniture and appliances. In this regard, it should be noted that the company's products are of high cost and are not available to every user.
On the other hand, thanks to the high quality of its products, the brand has found its fans.
Dino Plast is a company from Italy, which today is widespread and popular all over the world. The range of the company includes a variety of toilet seats, heated models are especially popular. The main material for manufacturing is duroplast.
Cersanit is a Polish company. The name of the company is translated from Polish and deciphered as "sanitary ware".
The company was founded in 1998, and already in 2002 the company began to operate in the territory of the Russian Federation.
The products of this Swedish company are of high quality and are widespread and in demand in the territory of the Russian Federation. The company's range of products includes a large number of sanitary ware, including not only toilet seats, but also water heaters, siphons, sinks, showers and much more.
Jika Vega is a Czech company that is the oldest in Europe.
Despite this, in the course of the production of sanitary ware, the brand uses only modern technologies and the latest scientific developments.
The American company Kohler is characterized by a wide range of modern products, as well as proven German quality (since its founder was originally an Austrian). Today the company is one of the leaders in the plumbing market.
Nuances of choice
The choice of a seat with a microlift for your toilet should be approached as carefully and responsibly as possible. In doing so, you should pay close attention to several key factors.
- First of all, it is worth considering the proportionality and compatibility of the purchased seat and the toilet you have. Very often, such products are purchased at the same time, however, if this is not your case, then you should make sure 100% in advance that you are purchasing a seat that will fit your toilet. Otherwise, you will only waste your finances pointlessly.
- Before buying a microlift, be sure to study customer reviews on the Internet. Compare different models and make sure that the manufacturer's declared characteristics of the movement correspond to the real state of affairs.
- Be sure to carefully read the instructions for the microlift. Pay attention to what materials the sanitary ware is made of. Give preference only to durable and reliable mechanisms that will serve you for a long time without being repaired or replaced.
- Give your preference to products that are made by a trusted manufacturer who was able to win the trust and respect of customers (and positive feedback from professional plumbers is especially important). In this case, you can be sure that you are purchasing such a mechanism that is made taking into account all modern requirements and standards.
- The presence of additional functions significantly increases the price of a microlift, however, in some cases it may be relevant for a specific buyer. For example, some models of seats with a microlift have heating or automatic cleaning functions at the same time.
- Another important factor is price. Obviously, in this regard, it is definitely recommended to focus on your material capabilities. If you follow the standard rule, then it is recommended to buy products from at least the middle price category, since they comply with the most important ratio of price and quality.
- Microlifts should be purchased only in specialized official stores. Firstly, in this case, the possibility of buying a fake is excluded, and you can be sure that you are being offered a branded product. Secondly, such outlets have experienced and qualified sales consultants who will be able to answer all your questions and give you a professional recommendation.
Taking into account all the characteristics that have been described above, you can purchase a truly high-quality plumbing device that will fully fulfill its functional purpose for a long time, as well as meet all your wishes and needs.
As mentioned earlier, the process of mounting, adjusting and fixing the microlift seat is quite simple in its execution. It is carried out in several stages.
- First, you need to perform the procedure for dismantling the previously installed seat.
- After that, specially designed rubberized rings should be inserted onto the mountings of the new seat, which will serve as a gasket. By doing this, you will ensure that the seat adheres as tightly as possible to the ceramic lining of the toilet.
- Now all that remains is to tighten the nuts and check the accuracy of the installation.
Remember that the quality and accuracy of the installation process will depend on how long and how effectively the mechanism you installed will work. That is why it is recommended to show all your skill, accuracy and attentiveness.
As we were able to see, in order for the toilet to be as comfortable and convenient to use as possible, it is necessary to choose the right seat for it. Today on the market you can find a wide variety of similar products from both domestic and foreign manufacturers. At the same time, the most popular is the modern type of seats with a microlift, which provide silent operation. Carefully approach the selection and installation of such modern and high-tech mechanisms.