House projects with an area of 160 sq. m is chosen quite often, because on it you can freely arrange everything you need and not complicate life by caring for a large space. Meanwhile, the competent planning of two-story and one-story houses, frame cottages and buildings made of timber, houses made of aerated concrete and other materials must be thought out. The material, of course, has almost no effect on the scheme, but it has its own characteristics, and they must be taken into account in the project.
The time has passed when the cottages were striving to be made as large as possible. In skilled hands, even an area of 160 sq. m can be disposed of quite effectively. It is easy to live in such a space for a family of 3-4 people. Even there is still free space to periodically receive guests. The area of 160 m2 is sufficient for:
- dressing rooms;
- single or double garages;
- halls (and all this in addition to only the main rooms).
Layouts of one-story houses
Buildings with a height of one floor can be made of various materials. In the northern countries of the EU, in the USA and Russia, frame structures are quite widespread, which allow you to vary the appearance. But buildings from a bar, which look traditionally and well worked out, are confidently competing with them. In addition, log buildings last longer.
A modern and practical option is aerated concrete structures, they also have, however, noticeable subtleties and nuances of arrangement, including the need to protect themselves from moisture.
Layout guidelines are usually as follows:
- equip the kitchen at least 15-20 sq. m;
- provide a porch;
- place the bathroom and toilet on different sides of the entrance;
- equip a solid living room for a large number of visitors.
Another approach can be taken as a basis:
- a pair of bedrooms of the same size;
- additional bedrooms of different sizes at the far wall;
- kitchen and living area from 30 to 40 sq. m;
- an extensive garage where you can even put a solid SUV.
Plans for two-story houses
A house with a height of 2 floors and an area of 160 square meters turns out to be no worse - if its design is approached competently and thoughtfully. The functional groups of rooms should be clearly distinguished, and the first of them is the premises for personal rest and reception of guests. A bathroom must be equipped on both the first and second floors, despite the additional complications of such a solution.
The area of the hallways and living rooms is calculated so that the whole family can easily fit there. In one case - to spend time together, in the other - to go out or come.
If desired, the recreation area is located on the second tier. But in any version, the rooms should be arranged so that either you get into the hallway as rarely as possible when moving between them, or completely bypass it. This will prevent dirt from pulling away. An important, but often overlooked nuance - the side of the door opening must be thought out. Failure to take this circumstance into account can create serious inconveniences in life.
When selecting specific plans, one must also take into account the following subtleties:
- passage rooms are undesirable (160 sq. m. to avoid their appearance is easy);
- the plan of the house should be created taking into account the wind rose and the level of insolation;
- preferably the location of auxiliary structures and structures on the first tier;
- it is undesirable to make windows too large - it is uneconomical both in construction and in terms of energy efficiency.
Examples of projects
The photo shows a diagram including:
- bedrooms of 13 and 22 sq. m;
- another bedroom of 17 sq. m;
- 9-meter bathroom;
- corridor of 6 "squares".
An alternative project may contain:
- living room on the ground floor of 18 m2;
- porch of 9 sq. m;
- bathroom on the second floor of 4.2 m2;
- second floor balcony 9 sq. m;
- 5 meter boiler room.