Building a house is an important and costly affair, in the process of which you need to take into account everything - from site selection to design. Particular attention should be paid to the project of the future structure. To date, many planning ideas have been developed that can be translated into reality. Some clients seek the services of professionals who develop individual sketches.
Plans for one-story houses
One-story residential buildings 7 by 9 meters are rare. As a rule, such buildings are used as full-fledged residential buildings, and not as summer cottages or out-of-town buildings. Such a square is quite comfortable if no more than 2 people will live in a one-story house. For a small family, a building of this type can become a full-fledged home for living all year round.
If you plan to build a house of 60 square meters, while placing two bedrooms in it, you need to think over the layout correctly. A detailed plan will help you use every meter of space as efficiently as possible. Before developing a drawing, you should designate a place for the most necessary rooms.
Important locations should be located conveniently for the free movement of residents and comfortable living. Another mandatory characteristic is the size of the room. Even if the house is small, the rooms should be spacious enough.
Experienced experts advise starting with a boiler room. For its arrangement, from 5 to 6 square meters is quite enough. Taking into account the small quadrature, this part of the room can be made more compact. The main thing is that all the necessary equipment is located here.
Now you should pay attention to the arrangement of the toilet and bathroom. To save space, it is advisable to combine the bathroom. In addition, the combination of two locations into one is now in trend and in demand. Optimal room sizes vary from 6 to 7 square meters. This space is enough to install a toilet, bath or shower and sink.
If you choose compact plumbing, there is room in the room for a washing machine, furniture and other equipment.
Now there are about 50 square meters of space left. They need to be divided into two living rooms (the standard option is a bedroom and a living room), a kitchen and other rooms such as an entrance hall, hall or vestibule.
For the last premises, it is necessary to allocate about 10 meters. With this in mind, about 40 squares remain for the remaining three rooms. If a private house is built from foam blocks, it will be very convenient to break the building into separate locations. When erecting a building from blocks, you must immediately draw up a construction plan, and follow it exactly, since it will be impossible to adjust their location later.
Before deciding on the size of the remaining rooms, you need to consider how often and for what purpose the house will be used. If this is a country building for recreation in the warm season, it is recommended to make a spacious living room and kitchen, and give the remaining space for a bedroom. If the future building is conceived as a house for year-round living, it is recommended to leave more space for the bedroom by decorating a compact hall.
A practical option is to combine the living room and kitchen. This technique is often used to create a large space, while maintaining the supporting structure. This layout is perfect for modern interior styles. In this case, the combined location can be 20 square meters, and the bedroom can be 10 square meters.
Here are some examples of such a layout
One-storey house with three living rooms and a boiler room. The bathroom is combined. In addition to the main premises, there is a terrace
Practical and comfortable room placement
Floor plan with combined living room and kitchen
House with attached garage. In this case, the designers have also combined the living room and kitchen
Ideas for the layout of two-story houses
Despite the compact area of 9x7 m, a well-thought-out layout makes it possible to accommodate everything you need for a comfortable stay at any time of the year. And also the plan can accommodate the necessary annexes, such as a veranda or a garage. Even if it is a country house, it should be comfortable, have all the necessary locations at your disposal. Some layouts include balconies and fireplaces.
The house on 2 floors is able to comfortably accommodate a family of 4 people (an adult couple and two children). A private building can have a different layout depending on the layout of the second floor of the building.
Building with an attic
The approximate living area of such a building will vary from 90 to 100 square meters. In this case, each of the floors serves a specific purpose, and the area is divided in a certain way.
- An entrance hall must be placed on the ground floor. As a rule, it is located near a dressing room or built-in pantry. And also a bathroom or a boiler room can be located nearby. It is recommended to arrange a living room or kitchen here. Both zones can be combined. With the help of a bay window, you can slightly expand the first floor.
- It is recommended to arrange the bedrooms on the second floor. This will keep the recreation area away from odors and noise that will come from the kitchen or hall. A small hall is arranged in front of the stairs for comfortable movement. If you wish, you can arrange an office or any other room, for example, a home theater or a library.
Building with a half-attic
The size of the useful area of such a structure can range from 100 to 120 square meters.
This is what an optimal layout might look like
- On the ground floor, such premises will be equipped as a living room, a kitchen, a bathroom and a toilet, an entrance hall. If necessary, a boiler room is placed here. If there is free space, they arrange a pantry or dressing room.
- Bedrooms are located on the second floor. And also here you can equip another bathroom, preferably combined with a toilet. For comfortable movement next to the stairs, you need to leave a little space under the hall. And also there will be an exit to the balcony.
If we compare the layout of a 7x9 residential building and a building with two floors of 7x7 meters, the second option will be more preferable from an economic point of view. To make the most of the available space, you need to abandon a large number of halls and corridors.
Modern construction companies offer different project options
- Original layout - an ideal choice for those who wish to receive an individual project in a unique design style. Experts will develop a project from scratch. It can be either a two-storey building of 7x9 meters, or a building with one floor or any other option.
- Typical projects are more common. As a rule, they are focused on a specific region of residence.
When calculating the foundation and choosing building materials, specialists take into account the peculiarities of the climate of a particular region.
When building houses on non-standard land plots, you should heed the recommendations of specialists
- To position the house close to the border of the site, one of the walls must be made without windows. The front façade should face a sunlit area.
- All technical rooms (boiler room, storage room, bathroom) are placed along the shadow wall (back of the building).
Variety of building materials
Two-storey houses are most often viewed as buildings for year-round living. Considering this feature, wear-resistant building materials are chosen that will create the necessary atmosphere in the house.
Let's list the most popular options
- Brick houses are always relevant. They look neat and charming. You need a solid foundation to build a safe home.
- Another popular type of building material is aerated block and foam block. This project attracted attention at an affordable price. Aerated concrete houses can boast of high quality, subject to all building codes.
- Wooden houses have high aesthetic qualities, but they are not cheap. For construction, a felling or timber is used. High-quality natural material is the key to high performance. Log structures look great in forested regions.
- If you want to save on foundation, opt for frame structures. It is convenient to work with them due to their low weight. Projects of houses from SIP panels are in great demand now. When choosing this option, special attention is paid to the structure of the second floor.
Examples of projects
Floor plan of a two-storey house with a small terrace. A convenient option for a comfortable stay with the whole family.
Floor plan with a children's room located on the ground floor. A combined bathroom is equipped on each floor.
Finnish house in traditional design. There is a neat veranda in front of the entrance.
Popular style of the house "Kotka". The characteristic feature is the structure of the roof. The layout includes two floors, however the main rooms are located on the ground floor.
Stylish two-storey house for living all year round. Two full-fledged floors allow you to place all the necessary premises. And there was also a place for a balcony.
Option for a one-story house. The second floor is used exclusively as an attic and is not suitable for living.