Chalet-style two-story house designs can be an excellent choice for modern plot development. A number of options have been developed with a terrace, large windows and a garage.
Also noteworthy are the combined houses of 2 floors up to 120 meters in size.
The architectural approach of the chalet creates a special home atmosphere and allows you to achieve an attractive appearance… Even the most distant from high aesthetics people fully feel this moment. The stylistics was not, like many others, created artificially by designers - it grew naturally from everyday practice in the Alps.
- wood and stone are used for construction;
- the roof rests on overhangs ranging in size from ¼ to 1/3 of the rafter length;
- the building looks emphatically massive;
- external cladding with an additional layer of wood is provided;
- a visor is installed on the roof.
Two-storey chalets measuring 120 meters can be complemented by a very large terrace - from 70 to 85 sq. m. The living room area here reaches almost 24 square meters. m, and the garage is just over 21 sq. m.
Another solution includes:
- corridor 5.6 sq. m;
- kitchen and guest area 20.5 m2;
- a bedroom of about 13 "squares";
- a pretty solid terrace.
House plans with garage
In buildings with a second floor, it is quite reasonable to set aside the first level for the maintenance of the car. A good plan then implies taking into account the angle of inclination and organizing the drainage of water. A house with two tiers and large windows may include:
- kitchen for 20 m2;
- garage for 21 m2;
- a bedroom on the second floor with a size of 14 "squares";
- two additional bedrooms - 9-meter and 10-meter in the same place.
Alternatively, you can consider a building containing:
- 33-meter garage box;
- guest area 23.4 m2;
- 17-meter kitchen-dining room;
- utility space on the second floor;
- 3 bedrooms;
- 2 bathrooms;
Other layout options
Since the chalet style originated in areas with heavy snowfall, it always means equipping with a gable roof. A 2-storey log home often contains as many as 3 bedrooms. Their area is, for example, 14 "squares" - in two rooms, and another corner for sleeping takes a little more than 10 square meters. m.
Arrangement of halls of about 12 and 10 "squares" can also suit the taste of the most demanding customers. If we use combined schemes (one floor is stone, the other is wooden), then the house will become even more interesting.
As you can see in this drawing, the first tier can include a variety of rooms:
- living room;
- boiler room;
- 50-meter terrace;
- bedroom and hall.
The emphasized old-fashioned design on the outside does not mean that the vigorous and dynamic high-tech cannot be used inside. You don't have to make everything look like the inside of a starship from the movies. However, some hints can be made. A very good option is to use practical glass and metal surfaces. Hoods, even switches (not to mention household appliances) come to the fore in the interior.
If you still decide to follow the traditional spirit of the chalet, then it is advisable to decorate the walls with natural stone - and leave it unchanged. In some cases, however, an emphatically simple plaster is used. Panels and beams will help create ceiling beams.
There should be more brown in the house. In order not to be too boring and dull, various shades of this color and tones compatible with it are used.
Finally, you can try decorating the house inside and out. german style.
- simplicity of jewelry and their moderate use;
- visual lightness of the walls;
- high-quality solid furniture (the arrangement of which is also thought out in advance in the plan);
- rectangular windows;
- the use of wallpaper and paint for wall decoration.