Currently, there are a huge number of ready-made projects for residential buildings, so everyone can choose the most suitable option for themselves. Buildings made of aerated concrete blocks are in great demand. Today we will talk about the features of these buildings with an area of 8x8 meters.
Advantages and disadvantages
Aerated concrete structures of a small area have many important advantages. Let's highlight some of them separately.
- Affordable cost… These houses are made with small rooms, which can significantly save on building materials.
- Reliability… Aerated concrete structures are considered quite strong and durable, they can be operated without major repairs for a long time.
- Soundproofing… Its level will be several times higher compared to plain concrete.
- Ease of machining… To adjust the size of the block, it will be enough just to use a regular hacksaw.
- The speed of construction. The construction does not take too much time and the involvement of a large number of specialists, since such buildings have a relatively small area. In addition, aerated concrete blocks are easy enough to lay.
But it is also worth mentioning some of the significant disadvantages of such houses
- Small area… When the family expands, the building will have to be completed so that there is enough space.
- The need for careful selection of furniture… Interior finishes, furniture and appliances should also be selected to maximize the optimization of a small space.
Typical projects of aerated concrete residential buildings include buildings with a spacious living room (area - 30-35 sq. M), a kitchen, which is often connected to a separate dining area, as well as a bathroom and a small hall (area - 5-6 square meters).
Often such buildings are made with an adjoining garage for one car. Some projects are created with a small veranda or terrace, from which you can make a recreation area. In the latter case, an open design will be the best option.
But it is best to supplement it with a canopy that will protect the space from wind, sun and precipitation.
Often, verandas are glazed and a heating system is installed there.… These premises will be perfect for placing summer bedrooms, recreation areas, and a guest room. Most often they are made with a beautiful decorative finish.
Many simple plans for such structures include the ground floor, which houses the living room, kitchen-dining room and hall, as well as an attic, which includes two small bedrooms, and sometimes a nursery with a play area.
Often, such buildings are made with a veranda that goes around the whole house. In this case, light coolness will be ensured throughout the entire room during the summer. Such projects are suitable only for construction in warm climates. The veranda can accommodate sun loungers, tables and lounge chairs.
Some of these houses have two floors. The first one houses a living-dining room, a kitchen room, while these zones can be divided using simple partitions. On the second floor there are one or two bedrooms and a hall. Traditionally, one bathroom is made at both levels.
Many buildings from aerated concrete blocks are created with various auxiliary rooms, including boilers, spacious storage rooms, and laundry rooms.
If you wish, you can choose a project with a study and a children's room. At the same time, the houses can be two-story, the first tier will also have a living-dining room, a kitchen room, and a small hall. On the second tier, in addition to an office, there may also be one bedroom and a balcony.
Often, these residential buildings are made together with various decorative structures, including columns. But in this case, you should be as careful as possible, because the total area of the building is quite small, and too large additional elements can easily spoil the appearance of the entire residential structure.
You should not select projects with too small a corridor. The best option would be houses with several walk-through small spaces.
It is also possible to arrange two entrances to the building. This will prevent visual overloading of the structure.
With a rational distribution of space in houses with such an area, a family with children will be able to live. In addition, it is worth remembering that in terms of their dimensions, these buildings are analogous to a standard three-room apartment.