White brick houses look beautiful and original. Buildings are being built quickly. Each material involved in construction has its own characteristics, on the basis of which a person who wants to become an owner of a home makes a choice.
Advantages and disadvantages
White brick houses are characterized by many positive aspects
- The most important design property is price segment. Everyone will find a suitable option for themselves, depending on taste preferences and financial viability.
- During construction they use highly resistant material, due to which buildings of any number of storeys are obtained.
- The designs are different frost resistance… You can live comfortably in them under any conditions.
- Building reliable, can withstand heavy loads.
- An important advantage of white brick houses is environmental Safety. Natural silicate blocks do not emit chemicals hazardous to human health.
- Ease of construction. Everyone will be able to get the job done with a minimum amount of effort.
- Buildings can be decorated in different ways, using any finishing material.
- The building has good sound insulation properties. This is due to the fact that white gas silicate brick is used in the manufacture, after the use of which, especially of the hollow variety, any extraneous sounds are extinguished. For this reason, the material is used in the construction of load-bearing walls, partitions between rooms.
- Long service life. A white brick building with proper care will last for over a hundred years.
- Attractiveness of appearance. Over time, only the white tint may change. It becomes a little grayish.
White brick houses have some disadvantages
- The presence of a lower thermal conductivity in comparison with ceramics. It is necessary to lay an additional layer of insulating material or erect a wall in 2-3 rows. For this reason, the structures become thicker.
- The blocks are heavy. It exceeds the weight of the ceramic variety by a third.
- Significant transportation costswhich can be a big problem.
- To erect a structure you need to build a massive, high and super reliable tape base.
- Low moisture resistance… The block design is characterized by a high level of absorption, water retention. To increase the hydrophobicity, it is necessary to add special substances, which threatens to increase the cost of the structure.
- In case of constant contact with fire, the structure loses its mechanical strength… The destruction of silicate brick will not occur, since it can withstand extremely high temperature conditions. But at the same time, the mechanical strength of the structure is lost, the blocks are destroyed. For this reason, chimneys, stoves and fireplaces made of silicate bricks are not erected.
The difference between silicate products lies in the thickness. The standard parameters are not observed only in relation to decorative artificial stones. Hollow and solid products are also popular.
Buildings from silicate bricks are popular. The material is presented in several categories.A single product is characterized by a length of 25 cm, a width of 12 cm and a thickness of 6.5 mm. To strengthen buildings, one and a half and double products are used.
Weight is also important when choosing. Single weight is 3.7 kg. For one and a half, the weight ranges from 4.2 kg to 5 kg.
Compared to a number of other building materials, silicate products are produced with less effort. The process is carried out in the enclaves. That is why it is recommended to manufacture silicate in an industrial environment. This is due to the lack of benefits with small quantities of material obtained.
Silicate blocks are made from three components. Silicate production is carried out on the basis of high quality air lime. It is represented by 8-12 percent of the total mass.
The addition of quartz sand is required. It is cleaned and sieved. Its amount is 88-92 percent of the total mass of the product.
To hold the rest of the components together, you need to use water. With its help, the manufactured products are moisturized.
They also enhance the reliability and strength of silicate products by adding modifiers. They improve the material. In addition, it is shown to carry out the addition of alkali-resistant pigments, due to which gray-white blocks acquire a large number of shades.
Sometimes ash is used instead of adding quartz sand. There may be various options. At 75 percent ash, 25 percent lime is added.
In recent years, the demand for residential structures has increased. from facing material. This is due to the speed of construction of the building, the absence of significant financial costs, weight indicators, equal to from 3.7 to 5.8 kg.
The last option is characterized by an attractive appearance. Externally, the structure turns out to be similar to masonry, made of natural bricks, stone blocks.
The material is used in the construction of not only buildings of any number of storeys. Garages, workshops, summer kitchens, boiler rooms, fences are erected from silicate and facing.
The products are used in the construction of small industrial facilities, they build arches, other architectural elements, ventilation ducts. Products are also used for facing work.
A brick private house looks beautiful and original. It is characterized by a long service life, due to which many Russians prefer this variant of residential structures.
A large residential building is distinguished by its originality; it has enough space for a significant number of people. There may also be guest rooms.
White brick houses can be one- and two-story. Let's consider these options in detail.
Many homeowners opt for one-story houses. Inside the building, everything is thought out to the smallest detail. The following option is especially popular:
- a large hall measuring 5 by 8 meters, it is used to receive guests;
- a hallway is equipped next to it;
- several bedrooms are located near the hall, they will be comfortable for adults and children;
- the kitchen is located at a considerable distance from the bedroom and hall, this will reduce the risk of extraneous odors entering the rooms that arise during cooking;
- if desired, equip pools, cellars, wine cellars and much more inside.
White brick houses look attractive. On the ground floor, utility rooms, a kitchen, and a hall are usually equipped. On the second floor there are bedrooms and children's rooms. The design is selected individually in each case.
In order for the structure to stand for a long time, it is shown to insulate the building from the inside and outside. For this, various types of insulation are used. Everyone will choose a suitable option for themselves.
It is usually recommended for white brick houses to insulate the surface from the outside. This allows you not to reduce the usable area of the building.Condensation will form on the outside, not inside the dwelling.
The building is decorated in a variety of ways. Each version of the facade design looks attractive. A white brick house with a gray roof looks especially original. The option with a brown roof is also popular.
The surface can be covered with any finishing material: plaster, finish with facing stone, install siding. There are many other solutions. They are chosen by their owners depending on their taste preferences and financial solvency. The finish should not be worse than the surface without it.
The exterior of the white buildings is smart and festive. You can complement it with other colors. This makes the building bright, contributes to the creation of a certain stylistic solution. Let's look at some beautiful examples in more detail.
Gothic for a long time it has attracted the attention of people erecting residential buildings of white bricks. To decorate buildings, the use of color contrasts, stone of different textures is shown. The surface can also be plastered
Many people still use Gothic to decorate the surface. The presence of elongated, like loopholes, windows, elevated arches is striking. Openwork forging looks original in the design. This contributes to obtaining an unusual and mysterious building.
Attractive in baroque décor. The building is notable for its pomp. Buildings in the form of ancient towers with bay windows are used to decorate the facade
The design is beautiful and original. The presence of roofs, balconies, framed by carved forging, are fascinating. The difference between the building lies in the presence of majestic steps, columns, smooth lines. All elements contribute to the acquisition of a regal look to the house.