Compact houses and cottages up to 150 sq. meters of aerated concrete are an excellent housing option for newlyweds and small families. This area is enough to accommodate all the necessary rooms: a recreation room, a dining room, a bedroom, a kitchen.
Advantages and disadvantages
Aerated concrete houses with a size of 150 m2 have their own positive and negative technical characteristics.
First, consider the advantages of houses with their aerated concrete blocks
- Cheapness of materialused for construction and its prevalence.
- Aerated concrete is not radioactive… Blocks are made from natural materials: cement, quartz sand, water, lime. This confirms the high environmental friendliness of the material.
- Low thermal conductivity compared to brick, concrete, ceramic blocks. Air, being a good insulation material, is evenly distributed in the pores throughout the block. Consequently, you can significantly save on heating a cottage from aerated concrete blocks.
- Aerated concrete is pretty light material, which allows you to make a lightweight foundation without using cranes. This speeds up the installation of structures several times.
- Aerated concrete blocks easy to handle, which makes it possible to build a house of any shape and configuration.
There are also disadvantages, we will consider them in more detail
- It is not allowed to use porous aerated concrete blocks when erecting load-bearing walls and partitions. Their density should be higher than the D600 grade.
- Aerated concrete blocks are not prone to thermal inertia… At what speed they heat up, at the same rate they cool down. This is influenced by the porous structure of aerated concrete.
- Blocks undergo little deformationwhich can lead to the formation of cracks in the walls. About 20% of the material is cracked.
- A house made of aerated concrete blocks requires finishing due to the tendency of the material to absorb moisture. Manufacturers claim that aerated concrete can withstand 25-35 freezing and thawing periods.
- Decorating a house from such blocks begins from the inside, as the humidity in the room decreases.… Then the exterior walls are finished. As a decoration, wall plaster is used from special mixtures based on gypsum.
- Fastening structures do not adhere well to aerated concrete walls.
Layout of rooms on one level
The creation of a house plan from aerated concrete is an important point in the design of a future structure.… The plan may have different room layouts and may include an attached garage, veranda, or terrace. For the coziness and comfort of a future one-story house, the plan must be properly drawn up, taking into account not only the basic dimensions of the building, but also the area of each room.
There are certain standard norms for the design of a cottage, the distribution of the entire area for apartments and rooms for the household.
Living rooms are divided into evening and day areas, among which there are living rooms, children's rooms and bedrooms.
The day zone includes:
- living-dining room;
- dressing room-wardrobe;
- bedrooms for adults or children.
- boiler room;
When planning a house made of aerated concrete, the number of windows and the illumination of the rooms should be taken into account. They also pay attention to the view from the window of living rooms. It is much more pleasant to be there if you can look at the beautiful landscapes at any time.
Popular additions to the house are terraces or verandas. They are made both open and closed. The open terrace located on the south side of the house will be cozy and comfortable, making such a room the best option for relaxation.
We place rooms in a two-story house
The layout of rooms in a two-story cottage should provide convenient movement around the house.… Rooms, except for the hall, should not be made through passage. The bedrooms are located in a remote part of the second floor and are separated from each other by a bathroom or wardrobe. The dining room or living room should be placed closer to the entrance on the ground floor. In private dwellings, as a rule, two entrances are made: the main and the backup. The second entrance can go from the food block to the terrace or to the garage compartment.
The stairs to the second floor must be installed near the wall. Usually they choose the classic version, since the spiral staircase is dangerous for children and elderly family members. Aerated concrete cottage up to 150 sq. m make at least two toilets. Place the bathrooms one above the other if they are on different floors. This will facilitate communication.
Every future owner of a private home made of aerated concrete dreams of its special exterior or facade. There are several popular styles in the assortment of designers.
You can choose a building style such as a chalet. This direction is common in the Alps. The house is made of aerated concrete, after which the walls are decorated with a combination of stone and wood. The lower floor is made of stone, as it is covered with snow in winter. The upper floor is made of logs, with large panoramic windows. The wide gable roof reliably protects the walls of the house and blind areas from rain and snow. Wide terraces surrounding the house are made. An architectural element such as a bay window makes an aerated concrete house attractive and elegant. It can be of various configurations: from a triangle to a semicircle and a polygon
A bay window is used to decorate both one floor and the entire height of the building.
Aerated concrete buildings similar to Finnish houses have become very popular both in Russia and in Finland. Although the Finns make a house entirely of aerated concrete: walls, ceilings, and floors
Scandinavian style suitable for the construction of one- and two-story houses. Decorated with wooden window frames and a massive wooden porch
The construction of round or domed houses from aerated concrete blocks has long been proposed by European manufacturers… They propose to make blocks of aerated concrete in the shape of an arc. Round structures of houses are earthquake resistant, there is always a lot of light in them due to the lack of corners in the rooms
There are projects of aerated concrete houses with panoramic windows. The window can occupy the entire wall area or be floor-high. With proper design of such houses, glazing will emphasize the style of the building. An important point is the beautiful view from the panoramic window
In the southern regions, cottages made of aerated concrete blocks with a swimming pool have become popular.… It is often found in the basement of a home. When the area of the land plot is large, then the pool is attached near the house and a glazed canopy is made
Overview of finished projects
Plans for aerated concrete cottages with an area of 150 sq. m is quite a lot. The list of them is diverse, we will consider just a few examples:
one-level house with a terrace
one-storey cottage with a garage and a veranda
two-storey house with a terrace
cottage with one floor and an attic
Completed projects of aerated concrete houses are a profitable and justified solution.